How to increase the distance quality of static objects and vehicles shadows?

Discussion in 'Content Creation' started by H.S.P., Oct 11, 2019.

1. H.S.P.

H.S.P.
    Expand Collapse

Hello boys and girls. I need help who understands files and code. I have a good computer, but trees, poles and other static objects very close become high quality. Same with the shadow under the car. In what files what values to correct to increase the distance?

2. Nadeox1

Nadeox1
    Expand Collapse
    Spinning Cube
    BeamNG Team

Options > Graphics > Mesh Quality controls how far the LODS kick-in.
    In short, a higher setting will make the higher quality LOD be visible from further distance.

Lighting Quality controls the shadows resolution.
    Higher settings means more higher resolution shadows (also depends from the level own settings)
    The distance of the shadows depends from the level's own settings.

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. H.S.P.

H.S.P.
    Expand Collapse

[QUOTE = "Nadeox1, post: 1079712, member: 74"] Параметры> Графика> Качество сетки контролирует, как далеко заходит LODS.
    Короче говоря, более высокая настройка сделает LOD более высокого качества видимым с дальней дистанции.

Качество освещения контролирует разрешение теней.
    Более высокие настройки означают более высокое разрешение теней (также зависит от уровня собственных настроек)
    Расстояние от теней зависит от собственных настроек уровня. [/ QUOTE]

Спасибо за ответ! В настройках графики всё высоко. Но преобразование близко.

Attached Files:

• Screenshot_1.jpg
    • Screenshot_23.jpg
  4. Nadeox1

Nadeox1
    Expand Collapse
    Spinning Cube
    BeamNG Team

I please you to write in English, as I don't speak your language and using Google Translate may return me a wrong translation.

Note that the distance LODS appears also depends from the object itself, as this is a value the author of the 3D model sets inside the model itself.
    If the author set a low value, the object will switch to the lower quality LOD at closer distance.
    What the 'Mesh Quality' setting does is taking that value, and basically adding an offset, but still using the mesh value as a starting point.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice