How to make a light mod

Discussion in 'Content Creation' started by Capricious Curtis, Jun 9, 2018.

1. Capricious Curtis

Capricious Curtis
    Expand Collapse

Hello all, I have always wanted to make light bar lights on police cars in BeamNG reflect off surroundings, like back in the old days with the Light bar Illumination mod. Unfortunately, that is outdated, and so I have come here to ask if anyone knows how I may be able to accomplish this. I have never made a mod for BeamNG before, so I don't know anything at all, but, I would love to learn!

I cannot for the life of me find a thread that has already discussed, but if there is one, feel free to let me know!

2. Nadeox1

Nadeox1
    Expand Collapse
    Spinning Cube
    BeamNG Team

Add spotlights props to the Jbeam, and use the same electrics the lightbar uses.
    That's pretty much what that mod does.

If you wonder why that isn't in-game, it's because spotlights are not much suitable for this (pointlights are, but not yet usable from Jbeam)

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Capricious Curtis

Capricious Curtis
    Expand Collapse

so basically I have to figure out how to edit JBEAM and when I do that, take the spotlight prop and insert it into a lightbar and color it?

Sorry for so many questions I have never done anything but play Beamng:D

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice