How to make costum parts slots/multipe plarts slots

Discussion in 'Content Creation' started by HadACoolCar, May 13, 2020.

1. HadACoolCar

HadACoolCar
    Expand Collapse

I want to convert a car from slrr, and i need to know how to make slots for parts like carpet. also, how to make costum part slot?

2. HadACoolCar

HadACoolCar
    Expand Collapse

still looking for a answer =/

halp

3. Sithhy™

Sithhy™
    Expand Collapse

I think @crashmaster would be able to help you, as the Prasu he made was/is an SLRR mod

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Tsutarja495

Tsutarja495
    Expand Collapse

As was the SunStrip.

I tried my hand at converting the CoupeSport and Nonus a while ago (a year and a half ago!) but those were fruitless I-Series meshslaps.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. crashmaster

crashmaster
    Expand Collapse

If you are relatively new to modding id recommend going thru a few of those pages.
    https://wiki.beamng.com/Vehicle_Creation_Megapage
    While still old, its still all the information about how vehicles are made.

This is where they talk about slots specifically.
    https://wiki.beamng.com/JBeam_Reference#slots

Slots are easy, you have a completely different car that should not conflict with any official vehicle so you can just add slots.
    for an example, ill use the duhen.
    upload_2020-5-14_18-24-56.png
    Those are a bunch of different slots for the parts of the duhen, from the Bubblehen_body.jbeam (thats the other weird bubble ish thing i made with the duhen...)
    If i wanted to add carpet to it id simply do this.

Code:
            ["duhen_carpet","duhen_carpet", "Carpet"],
    Basically the 1st one in between brackets "duhen_carpet" is the name you give to the slot itself.
    The 2nd one would be the name of the part you want it to inset by default when loading the car.
    If you have 3 different kinds of carpet, for different configs you would probably have "duhen_carpet_2" and "duhen_carpet_customspeakermod" or whatever you want to make. its up to you really to name them.
    and the 3rd one is just the description of the part you want in the part selector.

Hope this was helpful enough to get you started.
    Good luck. :)

6. HadACoolCar

HadACoolCar
    Expand Collapse

does this apply to multiple bumpers, fenders and bodies?

7. crashmaster

crashmaster
    Expand Collapse

Yes
    You can have basically infinite number of different parts for the slots, you just have to make sure they are all named properly and doesnt interfere with any other part names.
    You can also have slots inside slots. thats how you have a transmission inside the engine, and the engine inside the body if its not in a sub-body like the barstow.

Just make sure not to name them the same, you will soon find out the infinity loop if you do that....
    (if you end up doing it, trust me ull know what i mean :D)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice