1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice
  3. Before reporting issues or bugs, please check the up-to-date Bug Reporting Thread for the current version.
    0.30 Bug Reporting thread
    Solutions and more information may already be available.

How to make RWD car AWD?

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting: Bugs, Questions and Support' started by Citybuild122, Dec 20, 2018.

1. Citybuild122

Citybuild122
    Expand Collapse

I am trying to add in a transfer case to be Grand Marshal to make it AWD. I got the slot under the transmission category, and installed but the problem is that it creates a massive power loss on the car. On the ground, the car will only go around 1 mph. Don't know what I did wrong here. Here is what I put in the transmission JBeam:

},
    "fullsize_transfer_case_AWD": {
    "information":{
    "authors":"BeamNG",
    "name":"Viscous AWD Transfer Case",
    "value":1200,
    },
    "slotType" : "fullsize_transfer_case",
    "powertrain" : [
    ["type", "name", "inputName", "inputIndex"],
    ["splitShaft", "transfercase", "gearbox", 1, {"splitType":"viscous", "primaryOutputID":2, "viscousCoef":10, "viscousTorque":500, "friction":5, "uiName":"Viscous Torque Splitter","defaultVirtualInertia":0.1}],
    ],
    },

2. SHOme1289

SHOme1289
    Expand Collapse

You need to add a diff to the "front suspension" jbeam, you need to add a transfer case, and you need to add a splitshaft, and get all that working correctly in the "powertrain" code....send me the front suspension .jbeam and the transmission .jbeam files and Ill do it for ya

3. Citybuild122

Citybuild122
    Expand Collapse

There you go. Thank you so much! I'm just now getting into the wonderful world of modding Beamng.

Attached Files:

#3 Citybuild122, Dec 20, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 20, 2018
  4. SHOme1289

SHOme1289
    Expand Collapse

please send the rear suspension file as well thanks
    --- Post updated ---
    (btw im at work so i will get everything together here as best I can, post it on here, and if its breaking the game I will sort it out when I get home ((after I drive on Italy for the first time lol)))

5. Citybuild122

Citybuild122
    Expand Collapse

There you are.

Attached Files:

6. SHOme1289

SHOme1289
    Expand Collapse

thanks....now that work is picking up (just had about 5 cars come in and I need to get busy on quotes) i will most likely just handle this at home altogether...but I will get it done for ya no problem :) will require a bit of trial and error, this is the only car I never attempted a AWD conversion for. (are you looking for AWD or 4wd btw?)

7. Citybuild122

Citybuild122
    Expand Collapse

AWD, thanks. I appreciate you doing this for me!

8. SHOme1289

SHOme1289
    Expand Collapse

no prob. I currently have perfectly working (newer) Pessima AWD, the Legran is either 4wd hi/lo or AWD, and some other shit i have done. Its like the one thing I know how to do and make work perfectly lol

9. Citybuild122

Citybuild122
    Expand Collapse

I was quite surprised when I saw that there weren't many AWD mods out there.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice