How to make your own engine based on another mod...

Discussion in 'Content Creation' started by wiad7, Feb 25, 2019.

1. wiad7

wiad7
    Expand Collapse

How to make your own engine based on another mod:
    1) We find a mod with engines (or any other parts) for the desired car and open the archive with the mod.
    upload_2019-2-25_18-29-54.png
    2) Go to the folder " Vehicles "then in the" name of your car "(in my case, the engines are in the folder" Common"), look for a file with engines (usually called" engine") and open it with Notepad.
    An example of how it looks in the engine jbeam.
    upload_2019-2-25_18-35-2.png
    3) Next, depending on what you want to change:
    1) If you want to change the torque (power is built automatically by torque), go to the section "MainEngine" and there you will see 2 columns: the first-the engine speed, the second-the torque. We only need the torque (tip: if the cutoff (maximum rpm) is higher than the highest number in the left column, just copy and paste the same lines under them and change the number of revolutions). Now just change the torque the way you want.
    2) If you want to change the name of the part (any part) change it in the paragraph that is specified in the screenshot.
    upload_2019-2-25_18-44-4.png
    3) If you want to change some parameter of the engine (below I will write what is responsible for what) move to the item specified on the screenshot.
    idleRPM - engine idle.
    maxRPM - maximum engine RPM (rounds per minutes)
    RevLimiterType - type of rev limiter
    requiredEnergyType - type of fuel.
    The rest I don't know (and then complement).
    upload_2019-2-25_18-47-21.png
    4) Oil volume (red arrow) - the more, the harder it is to overheat the engine
    5) cylinderWallTemperatureDamageThreshold (blue arrow) - the temperature at which the engine overheats.
    6) highShiftUpRPM (yellow arrow) - the speed at which the transmission increases the transmission (kickdown).
    There are all basic parametrst hat you need to know.
    upload_2019-2-25_18-51-49.png
    4) Slots:
    If you're newbie, you better stay out of it!!!
    First "" is name of slot .
    Second "" is default part
    Third "" is description
    If you need to change the default gearbox (e.g. 5-speed manual to 9-speed automatic) insert the second "" name (shown in the screenshot) of part (in my case "9g_tronic_pickup")
    You can also change the name of the slot (I do not advise to do this).
    upload_2019-2-25_19-1-8.png
    If you do not understand something do not hesitate to write me in private messages (can be in Russian), I will try to answer all questions (and not only).
    Will soon release a tutorial for the transmission.

Second tutorial: https://beamng.com/threads/how-to-make-your-own-transaxle-based-on-another-mod.61166/

#1 wiad7, Feb 25, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2019
  2. Capkirk

Capkirk
    Expand Collapse

You couldn't look at the wiki? It very clearly explains what all engine variables do and how to use them.

• Agree Agree x 4
  3. Dayz Me Rollin'

Dayz Me Rollin'
    Expand Collapse

nice jbeam theft with no actual credit, permission or accurate info on what things do.

• Agree Agree x 5
  4. DankMemeBunny

DankMemeBunny
    Expand Collapse

Ivan has returned once again.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. wiad7

wiad7
    Expand Collapse

It is the easiest way to get your own engine in the game.
    And wiki is not clear for beginners.
    But if you can make it better you are welcome.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice