1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice
  3. Before reporting issues or bugs, please check the up-to-date Bug Reporting Thread for the current version.
    0.30 Bug Reporting thread
    Solutions and more information may already be available.

How to move spawn

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting: Bugs, Questions and Support' started by MisterCrow, Aug 5, 2013.

1. MisterCrow

MisterCrow
    Expand Collapse

How do you force the map to respawn you at the new spawn point once you've moved it? I moved the points somewhere else and kept hitting R and Ctrl + I and the car wouldn't spawn at the new position.

2. Summerfriend

Summerfriend
    Expand Collapse

To be in a new spawn point you need to reset a car with CTRL+R, then you can return to it by pressing I.

3. MisterCrow

MisterCrow
    Expand Collapse

In the Grid Plain map it looks like there are 2, but that doesn't seem to work. I tried moving the car by selecting it and manually editing the position and rotation, but it's really hard to get the car selected. You have to move the other stuff out of the way first before you can select only the car. I couldn't find a way to select the car in the Object List, it just doesn't show up in there for some reason.

4. logoster

logoster
    Expand Collapse

just drive where to where you want the spawn point, and press CTRL+r, and boom, new spawn point, now to return to it, press I

5. MisterCrow

MisterCrow
    Expand Collapse

I'm trying to put the spawn way up in the air =).

6. KppTmsNFneg

KppTmsNFneg
    Expand Collapse

How do I reset the spawn point to the original one after I've changed it? Also, where can I find a list of console commands/functions?

Edit: never mind, I don't care about this any more.

#6 KppTmsNFneg, Aug 5, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2013
  7. ESPACADO

ESPACADO
    Expand Collapse

I still want to know how to reset to the original spawn. Any way would be fine.

8. SixSixSevenSeven

SixSixSevenSeven
    Expand Collapse

F7 should suffice

9. Aboroath

Aboroath
    Expand Collapse

Spawn spheres can be selected in the scene tree and then manually moved to a new location in the world editor, immediately save the game after moving the sphere. Close
    Beam and re-open, you should spawn at the new location. Works in stable, not sure about exp.

I think that's what you're talking about.

10. Average Person

Average Person
    Expand Collapse

Dosent seem to work anymore

11. Binkey

Binkey
    Expand Collapse

I don't know how good you are with coding, but you need to put the spawn sphere near the top of the .MIS file.

12. blueshift

blueshift
    Expand Collapse

Stop bumping old threads.

13. Aboroath

Aboroath
    Expand Collapse

My advice is to use an official map for your map and DO NOT delete the spawn sphere. Works for me every time.

blueshift-Stop being a nanny, the posts are 100% relevant to the thread topic.

14. Average Person

Average Person
    Expand Collapse

Ok also could you start a conversation to help me with my map I am having issues with it.

15. Aboroath

Aboroath
    Expand Collapse

I'm very busy and currently not very enthralled with map making but I'll see what I can do.

16. blueshift

blueshift
    Expand Collapse

Yes, they are relevant, but the topic was last replied to 2 years ago so the proper thing to do would've been to start a new thread.

17. Aboroath

Aboroath
    Expand Collapse

It's been a year and a half but who's counting. The prevailing thought is a thread isn't 'bumped' if the post is on topic and contributes to
    the topic regardless how long it's been sitting idle. Forum moderators/devs have made this clear in the past. Certainly a new thread could be started
    however someone would bitch about a thread already existing for the subject, it never ends.

Over and out.

• Like Like x 2
  18. Average Person

Average Person
    Expand Collapse

Thanks for clearing this up

19. radicalm3at

radicalm3at
    Expand Collapse

Cant figure out how to manually set my spawn point. In many cases, I will load up a world and I wont spawn where I want so I would like to know how to go in the mode where you fly around and set your spawn. I recently downloaded Leap Of Death and I spent a couple of hours trying to get to the top because it doesn't spawn you there by default.

20. BradleyVarol

BradleyVarol
    Expand Collapse

Press F8 to enter free cam and then F7 to go back to driving. This will also move the default F7 spawn location. Incase you didn't know, press CRTL-R to set a new location and R to go back to it.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice