Solved How to put my automation cars under one vehicle selector icon?

Discussion in 'Mod Support' started by Brickturn, Jul 17, 2018.

1. Brickturn

Brickturn
    Expand Collapse

Hello, I am wanting to learn how to put my Automation cars that are the same model but different body trims under one vehicle selector icon. I've correctly packed the mods into one zip yet they still are 3 different icons in the vehicle selector Is there a way I can fix this?

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

I have not done this, but probably this tutorial has information required as it is essentially configurations that you are after:
    https://www.beamng.com/threads/tutorial-how-to-make-a-configuration.34199/

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. BombBoy4

BombBoy4
    Expand Collapse

You need to export each car separately, then merge all the differences between them into one jBeam (for example if one car has a more powerful engine put the code for that engine with the other engine in one jBeam file) to essentially turn them into selectable parts. Do the same for all differences including suspension, gearbox, etc and voila! Parts you can make configs out of. Different bodies/fixtures is a bit more complex (as you have to merge .daes and do some cleaning up in the jBeams) but follows the same principle.
    Proof: upload_2018-7-17_11-19-22.png

• Informative Informative x 4
  4. Brickturn

Brickturn
    Expand Collapse

Thank you very much guys, Everyones so helpful here :D

• Like Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice