How to reload mod without restarting the game?

Discussion in 'Content Creation' started by Cobra_Fast, Feb 11, 2018.

1. Cobra_Fast

Cobra_Fast
    Expand Collapse

I'm trying to mod some parts on the default cars and I'm wondering if there's a way to reload the mod without having to quit the game, rebuild the zip, start the game, and menue into freeroam again.

I've found an old thread that said to create the vehicles directory directly in the mods directory and use Ctrl+R to reload changes but that doesn't appear to work anymore.
    Putting my mod into a directory instead of a zip didn't work either.

I also can't rebuild the zip while the game is running as it locks the file preventing 7Zip from writing to it.

So, is there a way to reload a mod without having to go through the restart procedure?

2. tumbbi2

tumbbi2
    Expand Collapse

Create the vehicles directory in the "BeamNG.drive" directory (Documents\BeamNG.drive\vehicles)

3. Cobra_Fast

Cobra_Fast
    Expand Collapse

Ah, that works! Thanks!

4. CommandoAir

CommandoAir
    Expand Collapse

Better solution:

• Go to the BeamNG mods folder and create another folder called "unpacked"
    • Place your mods (unzipped) in here using the usual folder structure, as if the "unpacked" folder were the mods folder
    • With Beam open, when you update or change something, press Ctrl + R to refresh the car and apply any changes.

5. Ai'Torror

Ai'Torror
    Expand Collapse
    BeamNG Team

^that's the recommended way of doing stuff.
    Then while in game, after applying any changes in .jbeam files just reload the vehicle (CTRL+R). When modifying the modells, you don't have to do anything, as it will reload the vehicale automatically after overwriting the .dae file.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice