How to Steal models from other games X3

Discussion in 'Content Creation' started by icytower387, Jun 28, 2015.

1. icytower387

icytower387
    Expand Collapse

i have nfs most wanted 2005 from Lonng ago and i would like to be able to take some models and port them for PERSONAL use
    (unless requested :) )

2. Dc5R

Dc5R
    Expand Collapse

Love that game . I have a Black Custom Porsche Cayman Turbo S and i would love to see it in beamng . I'm waiting for a reply too ! :)

3. icytower387

icytower387
    Expand Collapse

Pleas somebody respond i would like to port cars from nfs mw 2005

4. SixSixSevenSeven

SixSixSevenSeven
    Expand Collapse

If you have the ability to do this, you wouldnt be asking. That simple really.

Need to import the mesh from NFS to blender. Export to .dae from blender after fixing up the numerous geometry and texture issues. JBeam it all too.

5. crashmaster

crashmaster
    Expand Collapse

I used google a few times and it worked, you should try that too.
    But i googled it and i didnt find anything yet. in that case i usually go to plan b. i use a mod car thats ben used in another game, its already modded and you just need to find a program that can open it and export it.
    theres a few models used in Sars (Scars is a car mod for gmod) that are from the need for speed most wanted 2005, if you dont own gmod, i used a google chrome extension that can let you download steam workshop content but theres probably some website that can do that too. if its in a file you will need to find an extractor. its usually packed in a .gm or gma format, i dont remember exactly.

Theres also a few modeling program that supports a lot of extension for games like dirt and such, i used them a lot before and it worked pretty well. but i dont remember which one i used for gmod. i dont even think i have it anymore but here are the name of 2 programs that might be helpful.
    Zmodeler. but if i remember well its restricted a lot in the free version.
    3Dsimed. it has a 20 day trial and it works pretty well.

one last thing, if its for personal use do whatever but if you want to release something ask the author.
    If theres any other question you can pm me if you want, ill try to help you more or something. i havent tried to port a model from need for speed most wanted before.
    i hope i helped and good luck. :cool:

6. KennyWah

KennyWah
    Expand Collapse

This thread would be more appropriate if you used the word borrow rather than blatantly using "Steal" in the title.

7. randomshortguy

randomshortguy
    Expand Collapse

It's not borrowing if you have no intent to return it... although it's not stealing because you're not taking it away from the owners. The proper term is "rip". Although it seems the English language has not caught up to the ways of technology.

Anyway, I have NFS MW on CD here, and while it could be cool to rip meshes from it, there's no interiors and it's in a special format that only EA's engine (or an external tool, if there is one) can open.

8. Dummiesman

Dummiesman
    Expand Collapse

Google is your friend ;)

9. randomshortguy

randomshortguy
    Expand Collapse

10. Dummiesman

Dummiesman
    Expand Collapse

This program doesn't work that great because it needs 3dsmax plugins to run.

11. randomshortguy

randomshortguy
    Expand Collapse

It's the only one I can find, the 3D screenshot ripper doesn't exist on the web anymore.

I'm interested in doing this, do you have any suggestions?

12. Dummiesman

Dummiesman
    Expand Collapse

NinjaRipper. Requires a MaxScript but not a plugin (since the plugins in the dx ripper are outdated)

13. randomshortguy

randomshortguy
    Expand Collapse

According to the 3D Ripper DX website, it's a separate program that reads from the DirectX application and outputs .3dr OR .obj . I know Blender can import .obj, so would it still work?

14. icytower387

icytower387
    Expand Collapse

Please answer im just sitting here watching you guys talk :D also i have nfs 2012

back in the good ol' days when i didn't know beam existed...

- - - Updated - - -

um when i look into the cars folder where all the cars are i get .bin files like

GEOMETRY.BIN
    PREVINYL.BIN
    TEXTURES.BIN
    VINYLS.BIN

15. randomshortguy

randomshortguy
    Expand Collapse

No no no I'm talking about the file types that 3D Ripper DX exports. Those files there (.bin) can only be opened by the game engine OR an external tool, if there is one out there.

EDIT: I did some searching and found QuickBMS... it could extract the .bin and reveal the contents inside, although I can't be sure what format the files inside are.

#15 randomshortguy, Jun 29, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 29, 2015
  16. jackh4x

jackh4x
    Expand Collapse

When you attempt​ sarcasm.

17. Nadeox1

Nadeox1
    Expand Collapse
    Spinning Cube
    BeamNG Team

> Content Creation
    > Thread about ripping models
    > Creation much..

Sorry not sorry.

18. randomshortguy

randomshortguy
    Expand Collapse

Lots of mod content for this game has been ripped from other games, like Assetto Corsa or DiRT3. So it can, indeed, lead to the creation of content.

19. Dummiesman

Dummiesman
    Expand Collapse

The OBJ it puts out is skewed and stretched.

20. icytower387

icytower387
    Expand Collapse

it's just the model not the JBEAM which is the hardest part and u have to make it Entirely or modify an existing Jbeam, still not easy and you know it

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice