1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice

How to use the race count down apps, and lap timer ??!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by tanis, Nov 6, 2018.

1. tanis

tanis
    Expand Collapse

I want to use the Race laps, and Lap counter. But i have no clue how to activate it on a Official Race track map. and it doesn't help the game doesn't give info on how to use them.
    Help?

2. CaptainZoll

CaptainZoll
    Expand Collapse

AFAIK, they're basically only for scenarios.

• Like Like x 1
  3. tanis

tanis
    Expand Collapse

Great *sarcastic that sucks then, i wanted to time me laps around a track, and on the canyon road

4. Boxzaap

Boxzaap
    Expand Collapse

[tanis, post: 955464, member: 222018"]

You said:

"I want to use the Race laps, and Lap counter. But i have no clue how to activate it on a Official Race track map. and it doesn't help the game doesn't give info on how to use them.
    Help?"

Hi tanis, this was difficult for me too, but it's not hard once you learn how to do it.

You can use your UI apps by adding them to your screen with the UI Editor. (The editor "button" is located on 'your side menu' in free roam and certain other modes.) Once clicked the screen will change and you'll see a few black transparent windows outlining your game screen graphics, don't bother these and click on the orange 'circle with a white cross' in front of the centermost window (a.k.a. the Radial Menu), this will take you to a massive menu full of many UI overlays that do quite a few different things. Find your downloaded UI apps and enjoy BeamNG.

Note: If your having trouble finding the Mods that you downloaded:

1. ensure that you moved the files to the *mods folder. (Do not unzip them!)

2. It's a really huge selection to comb through so uncheck all the filters but the very last one that reads: Unknown. This will leave the two mods you mentioned behind while clearing everything else out of your way!

P.S. Here is a link to a wiki on this subject:

https://wiki.beamng.com/User_Interface_&_Apps :]

:D:D:DHappy Gaming!:D:D:D

#4 Boxzaap, Apr 3, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2019
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice