How will a GTX 1060 6GB run beam.ng

Discussion in 'Computer Hardware' started by hduncan806, Nov 22, 2017.

1. hduncan806

hduncan806
    Expand Collapse

Recently my R9 290 died and I've been using my gt 710 1gb card and I'm thinking about buying a 1060 6gb and maybe some more RAM. Will a 1060 bottleneck with a fx 8350 and currently 8gb of RAM, I would like to play on high settings in 1080p at 60fps and even watch a Youtube video in the background which is one thing I cant do with my gt 710 without lag and I've had alot of menu lag when I had my R9 290 and I still have a similar amount is this a ram or cpu issue. Thank you in advance

2. nolotank

nolotank
    Expand Collapse

That CPU is very weak compared to the 1060 6GB. I'd say the 1060 6GB will max out BeamNG at 1080p or even 1440p, but that CPU just won't cut it. Instead of a new GPU, I would go for a new CPU/mobo combo.

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. hduncan806

hduncan806
    Expand Collapse

ok thank you

4. VeyronEB

VeyronEB
    Expand Collapse

For reference a GTX 1060 is probably about 5-10% faster than an R9 290, menu lag just happens on BeamNG even if you have a super computer. But it should max the game fine.

8GB of RAM is fine but the CPU is getting a little dated at this point, but it will still be pretty playable on most maps. It won't bottleneck the 1060 all that much in BeamNG.

5. The _covet

The _covet
    Expand Collapse

It will run very well, I am able to run BeamNG on my fathers 1.5 GTX 580 and i7 970 great on very high settings.

6. SandwichesANDmilk

SandwichesANDmilk
    Expand Collapse

i have one and i get 60FPS on max settings with 4 cars
    so yeah it will run beam

7. Nathan24™

Nathan24™
    Expand Collapse

Place a Chevy big block in your computer and it will run faster than a stopwatch. ;)

8. hduncan806

hduncan806
    Expand Collapse

thank you for the help I think Im gonna get a 1060 and maybe an i5 8400 later on

9. BuggattiVitesse1

BuggattiVitesse1
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

yeah you should get the founders editions since I have it and its AMAZING SO GET IT NOW!!!!!!!!!!!
    --- Post updated ---
    also get the zvidia GeForce one
    --- Post updated ---
    I mean nvidia

10. SixSixSevenSeven

SixSixSevenSeven
    Expand Collapse

The founders edition is the exact one you *dont* want to get. Most of the board partners have better coolers on for similar prices resulting in lower temperatures and noise levels, thanks to lower temperature, NVidia Boost 3.0 will also ramp further and net maybe an extra half a frame per second which isnt a lot but its a nice touch.

NVidia GeForce is the product family. Its impossible to get a GTX1060 that isnt an NVidia GeForce...

• Agree Agree x 4
  11. Sithhy™

Sithhy™
    Expand Collapse

I have an MSI 1060 6GT OC & i5-6400 with 8GB RAM... The game runs at 40-60fps on East Coast, 30-45 on West Coast, constant 60 on Jungle Rock Island & GridMap with JUST one car. I have my graphics set to Normal & running it on 1080p

12. BuggattiVitesse1

BuggattiVitesse1
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

how on earth is founders edition worse

13. Rolph

Rolph
    Expand Collapse

How on earth? SixSixSevenSeven just explained why and how is it worse. Just look at basically any GTX1060 comparision and you’ll that he’s right

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. SixSixSevenSeven

SixSixSevenSeven
    Expand Collapse

through poor silicon lottery binning, crude VRM design and using the worst cooler on the market resulting in higher temperatures and noise levels. NVidia boost is a tech that overclocks the card more aggressively as long as power stability and safe temperatures can be maintained, the colder the card runs, the further boost will overclock the card. The founders edition cards use a poor VRM that struggles to deliver higher power to the card in a stable manner for overclock, the chips arent binned properly and arent guaranteed to be stable at higher overclocks and the cooler on a founders card is barely adequate and extremely noisy.
    The EVGA ACX3.0 equipped cards in many cases are cheaper than founders cards, may still suffer from binning issues but have a better designed VRM keeping the card more stable at higher overclocks and the cooler is pure overkill. The ACX3.0 cooler is quieter and results in far lower temperatures and lets nvidia boost do its job properly.

Never buy founders cards. Theyre a rip off and not really intended for consumers. Theyre intended for OEMs to bulk buy and for board partners to use as a reference to how to make their cards better.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. BuggattiVitesse1

BuggattiVitesse1
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

wait what computer do you have?

16. SixSixSevenSeven

SixSixSevenSeven
    Expand Collapse

how does that change the suitability of a founders card versus any other? What i have said is quite easily verifiable without you turning this into epenis contest.

Though for what its worth, my laptop has a GTX1060 6gb, my desktop has an EVGA SC 1070 which happens to have the ACX3.0 cooler on it

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. BuggattiVitesse1

BuggattiVitesse1
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

dude what desktop computer do u have?

18. SixSixSevenSeven

SixSixSevenSeven
    Expand Collapse

How is it relevant? It's my own build. I'm not a pre built skrub

• Like Like x 2
  19. hduncan806

hduncan806
    Expand Collapse

Ok, finally someone who has some sense thank you

• Like Like x 1
  20. Codeslamer

Codeslamer
    Expand Collapse

Really? That seems alittle low considering, when using the same settings and one car I get basically the same FPS on all those maps with an AMD FX-6350, GTX 9602GB and 16GB of DDR3. And both my CPU and GPU are basically eras away from yours

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice