1. Before reporting issues or bugs, please check the up-to-date Bug Reporting Thread for the current version.
    Solutions and more information may already be available.

Hydros always cause "instability detected" error.

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting: Bugs, Questions and Support' started by Stoat Muldoon, Aug 25, 2013.

  1. Stoat Muldoon

    Stoat Muldoon
    Expand Collapse
    BeamNG Team

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2013
    Messages:
    317
    Well, since I fixed the loading Errors with my test N/B I then discovered that hydros refused to work. Whatever I set them to, however I configure them, no matter what beam defaults they are prefixed with they don not work. They give an "Instability detected" error and freeze the physics. I don't see a reason why it should not work, as the section is set up exactly as it should. I know I'm doing something wrong, but I just can't see what. I even tried it with three different RoR cars; My Chevelle, the Dodge police and my Ford pickup, all of which had the same problem. :confused:

    I made this thread as opposed to the previous one I had about the spawning issues because A; different problem and B; I think I put it in the wrong place to begin with and as a result, not many people were seeing it. :p

    If anyone could shed some light on this I'd be very grateful. I've been trying for three days to get one of my RoR cars working in BeamNG, but Ive been hung up on the hydros the entire time. :(

    ( I attached the Ford chassis that I'm trying to get to work)

    EDIT: Thought I should add that it works fine when the hydros are removed.
     

    Attached Files:

  2. dkutch

    dkutch
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Mar 24, 2013
    Messages:
    821
    I just took a look at your jbeam.... you seem to have the same issues everyone else does, and I honestly just don't understand it. Gabe's vehicles are made very well. Everything is laid out nicely and labeled in different jbeams, slots, etc. Why do all of you Rigs of Rods content creators try and put everything into one file?


    What I do for every single vehicle I port/create for Beamng, is I take Gabe's pickup files and start with that. I keep almost everything laid out like he does, except I put in my own nodes, slot names, beams, beam defaults, sometimes scales, etc.
     
  3. Stoat Muldoon

    Stoat Muldoon
    Expand Collapse
    BeamNG Team

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2013
    Messages:
    317
    I guess I'd better do it that way then :). It's just habit that came through from RoR, but I don't see why it's not working. What I have in that file was going to become the chassis part of my car, with the suspension integrated along with the steering. The cab and bed etcetera would then be separate files, and some of the stuff that's attached to them.

    Thanks for your help. I didn't realize it couldn't be done in a simple manner like you could in RoR. :p
     
  4. dkutch

    dkutch
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Mar 24, 2013
    Messages:
    821
    To me it's much simpler to just replace Gabe's nodes and beams on his pickup. The thing with the steering too though, it's put in the suspension_f.jbeam. I think the main reason it's not working at the moment is you don't have anything telling BeamNG that it's the main slot.

    This is the top of a normal, working main jbeam. Besides the slots that you don't have, you gotta designate it as the main one.
     

    Attached Files:

    • ss (2013-08-25 at 07.17.25).png
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice