I’ve just had a super interesting thought about the future of pickup trucks.

Discussion in 'Automotive' started by Jackets64, Apr 1, 2022.

1. Jackets64

Jackets64
    Expand Collapse

I find it interesting how, in the future, it’s likely that the pickup truck could go the way of the Ford Van, when they moved from the rugged heavy duty design of the E-Series to the more European idea of an arguably more versatile, but less rugged vehicle. Smaller trucks like the newest Ranger are like half way there, but they’re not quite there yet.

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. CaptainZoll

CaptainZoll
    Expand Collapse

as an Australian (probably one of the larger markets for the "midsize" trucks, it feels like we're now getting more and more american imported trucks by the day.
    there used to be a fair amount of officially imported 70s F150s around as commercial vehicles, but i'd say there are way more Rams and Silverados blocking up our roads than there ever were before.

i'd say the whole market's going to globalise a fair bit, you might see the amarok and D-max/BT50 come to the US,
    and trucks aren't going to stop growing unless the loophole in Fleet Average Emissions gets closed (so Barry can't get a tax deduction on his Hilux Rugged Xtreme Weekend Wario edition by claiming it's a "commercial vehicle")

• Agree Agree x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice