I am making a map! [development screenshots]

Discussion in 'Videos, Screenshots and other Artwork' started by unyxium, Nov 21, 2019.

1. Lukas64 the dog

Lukas64 the dog
    Expand Collapse

NICE

2. unyxium

unyxium
    Expand Collapse

The map has now been released.
    https://www.beamng.com/resources/river-highway.18662/

After a bunch of reviews and comments made on this map, I have now realised there's quite a lot of mentions of poor performance. I did not take in to account that a lot of people are running low-end computers or computers which do not perform as well as mine (which is only a laptop, and not exactly a high-end one, either) Looks like I need to figure out what to improve.
    I really should have made a bigger notice that this map is not going to perform as well as the official ones. It's comparable to the already existing large maps (at least from my testing). I'll probably make some new updates if I find anything else.

Edit: the actual cause for this was too much grass groundcover which was later fixed but I never updated this post.

#62 unyxium, Jun 25, 2021
    Last edited: Dec 27, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  3. P_enta

P_enta
    Expand Collapse

Tested it on some mid range laptop from 2016 and it works fine. (1060 6gb, i7-8750h, 16gb). The map runs fine on any decent computer. Besides that though, it’s very fun to drive in and the ai works quite well.

• Like Like x 1
  4. AlphaBoomer

AlphaBoomer
    Expand Collapse

Some spots where its a little wonky

5. unyxium

unyxium
    Expand Collapse

I've fixed them and they should be available in the next update which could possibly be released next week. I'm not sure yet.

• Like Like x 1
  6. AlphaBoomer

AlphaBoomer
    Expand Collapse

dude that's perfect, as this has meanwhile become a hit with my colleagues!
    Thank you so much for continuing to build on this wonderful wonderful foundation, that is, regarding it's size, so so much further than many other mods! It also feels bigger because there is on the one hand elevation changes that are not too steep but also enough room between the routes and on the other hand it is connected well enough to not just seem big with like 2 roads but actually featuring many roads!

I am excited for the update! Will keep on the lookout for small issues and post them here to contribute to this map getting better and better!

Small suggestion: Maybe some of the Fiels could actually have rough terrain like they are freshly plowed and have "rilles" in them, to change up the landscape.

Megaprops to you: The AI so far worked amazing on the map! I could go on for very long chases in the burnside, which has very bad grip and the AI just held on and on! You are so good!

Attached Files:

• screenshot_2023-02-10_20-23-55.png
    • screenshot_2023-02-10_20-15-29.png
    • screenshot_2023-02-10_20-01-33.png
  7. unyxium

unyxium
    Expand Collapse

The update (v1.5) actually got approved a few hours ago, it's available now.

As for the fields, it was on my mind (as well as many other areas that were a bit too smooth) and I will probably tackle it at the same time the crop groundcover textures get fixed. Really a whole "farm update" is needed.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. AlphaBoomer

AlphaBoomer
    Expand Collapse

Awesome! Will check it out right now!

I Like the direction you are going for, feels like you really have some nice plans! Take your time, I am excited!
    --- Post updated ---
    I will collect my findings in the first session of V1.5 here, hope I can help a little by doing this, please take it as contructive "criticism" as I just document what I witness whilst enjoying your creation and want to give something back. If you do not want this, please feel free to state this, and I won't blame you nor will I take this as an insult or whatever people might make out of it!

As this bridge does not show up on the map, Traffic / AI tries to turn on both sides:

On this bridge there does seem to be a problem too, cars are spawning on it and not moving, cars spawning before and after are turning:

Small Issue: The Flowerpot seems to be paved over ;)

Grass on the road:

Thank you very much for you attention and time!

Greetings from Germany
    AlphaBoomer

9. Palkia88

Palkia88
    Expand Collapse

Does this map have a cannon location? [What state it's in]
    If not, should we try making assumptions on where it logically could be based on geography and civilization? [How the area has been colonized \ set up by its inhabitants.]
    Where do you guys think it is?
    Also, can we get a plate design for this map? That'd be really nice.

10. bussin.buses

bussin.buses
    Expand Collapse

Off topic, but how did you get the Burnside Super taillights on the wagon? When I tried it, the game detected an instability every time.

11. MrClementine

MrClementine
    Expand Collapse

How do I download it?
    --- Post updated ---
    How?
    --- Post updated ---
    nvm Got it

12. R3TR00

R3TR00
    Expand Collapse

Hello. Just recently I've been having an issue with a major bug, for some reason the game is nigh-unplayable/unresponsive on this particular map and FPS drops all the way to 10 or lower. However this does not happen on vanilla or even other community maps. This has never happened to me before, I've done everything as a potential fix such as verifying file integrity and reinstalling the map, and I'm 100% certain that none of my other installed mods are causing this issue., but the issue still persists.

This is a huge bummer because I was planning to use this map as a backdrop for a short film of mine :(, hopefully this bug is resolved soon.

(For further clarification I’m running this game on a relatively high-end PC, this isn’t a hardware issue.)

UPDATE: Looks like a driver rollback fixed the issue, apparently the latest nvidia driver was the culprit! Leaving this out here just in case anybody with the same issue ends up in this thread: Nvidia Driver 531.18 will cause performance issues on this map, rollback to 528 until a new stable driver is released.

UPDATE 2: Seems like a driver rollback only helped fix the issue by a bit. From what I've seen at the time of writing, running a resource-intensive map such as Barstow or Los Injurus BEFORE running River Highway seems to bring back the issue, the only workaround i've found was simply a game restart if you wish to fix the problem. I'm certain that this is a map issue and not an issue on my end.

#72 R3TR00, Mar 4, 2023
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2023
  13. qwerty62709

qwerty62709
    Expand Collapse

i have found a fix for the ai path finding how can i upload it?

14. qwerty62709

qwerty62709
    Expand Collapse

15. lsfan

lsfan
    Expand Collapse

Hey Guys I did some map edits to this map trying to get a hold of the creator to looks at it i just run it in my Rp Server

Attached Files:

• screenshot_2023-03-21_22-05-29.png
    • screenshot_2023-03-21_22-05-34.png
    • screenshot_2023-03-22_14-48-44.png
    • screenshot_2023-03-22_14-48-32.png
    • screenshot_2023-02-03_02-35-34.png
    • screenshot_2023-02-03_02-35-42.png
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Diamond fireball

Diamond fireball
    Expand Collapse

What country/region did you base this on or did you just make it without reference?

17. Frederic de Billy

Frederic de Billy
    Expand Collapse

20231024083437_1.jpg
    Something is up with it now..

• Like Like x 1
  18. Ben-Mc-Call

Ben-Mc-Call
    Expand Collapse

You should add Garfield Heights and build a bigger city around it, would fit the map pretty nicely imo

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Ovahlls

Ovahlls
    Expand Collapse

Apparently this is not River Highway's forum even tho it said it was I apologize for the bump I'm in the wrong place.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice