1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice
  3. Before reporting issues or bugs, please check the up-to-date Bug Reporting Thread for the current version.
    0.32 Bug Reporting thread
    Solutions and more information may already be available.

I broke the bindings..

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting: Bugs, Questions and Support' started by fan, Feb 16, 2018.

1. fan

fan
    Expand Collapse

That is right. I changed the key control for the game and I assigned my mouse left button to pop up the menu. Now every time I want to click on something my menu pops up and when I want to select say vehicle config by clicking on it, the menu goes away. Worst of all when I start the game and can\t click on play or anything. Anyone with any ideas how to reassign the keys without using the mouse? Thanks for your time.

2. RobertGracie

RobertGracie
    Expand Collapse

That is a bit of a foolish mistake to make, I did that once and I had to go into the game files to find a file that handled the inputs to the game and alter it so that it wouldnt do that again

3. Inertia

Inertia
    Expand Collapse

In Windows File Explorer, navigate to Documents/BeamNG.drive/settings/ and delete your inputmaps folder. Don't worry about breaking your game, the game will generate a new folder with the default inputs.

If this doesn't work, delete your entire settings folder.

4. stenyak

stenyak
    Expand Collapse
    Programmer & Global Moderator
    BeamNG Team

If you have a gamepad, you could navigate the menus with it and remove the offending binding.
    Otherwise, you can just remove the mouse.diff file in mydocuments/beamng.drive/settings/inputmaps

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice