1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice
  3. Before reporting issues or bugs, please check the up-to-date Bug Reporting Thread for the current version.
    0.30 Bug Reporting thread
    Solutions and more information may already be available.

I installed 700+ mods, now the game is loading 30+ minutes

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting: Bugs, Questions and Support' started by GRRRR, Feb 26, 2020.

1. GotNoSable!

GotNoSable!
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

>russian
    most likely

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. RobertGracie

RobertGracie
    Expand Collapse

It would figure and then most likely try and say its from this site then nope its not

3. KaiserimnopYT

KaiserimnopYT
    Expand Collapse

In that case the PC is loading 700 virus instead of 700 mods

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Kueso

Kueso
    Expand Collapse

Christ on a bike!
    seven
    hundred
    mods!?!

im sorry for the dramatization, but holy fuck man chill out the mods
    delete like all of them!
    im being dead serious
    give your PC a damned break and just banish the whole folder into the shadow realm

but before you do, i want a video of your car selector menu
    i bet its as long as the Bible lmao

• Like Like x 4
  5. G-Farce

G-Farce
    Expand Collapse

I can only give my experience with this issue. I've only let it load for 30mins once. if it takes over 5minutes to load, I Close it and start again.

Now before game version 18xx my game load times would slow down a lot if I had over 200 mods, but on the latest version, seems I can have upto 390 mods before it gets that same slow. I think what also can affect this is the type of mod. Is it one with many thumbnails (configs?)? or one large zip with a lot of errors in the console? not sure. Also not sure if disabling internet connection option will speed up and if repo mods give different load times from automation mods, food for thought.

You best bet is to move the entire mods folder outside your beamng folder and only move back 10 mods to start, ones that you are going to use right now.
    Then add 50 back at a time. The easiest way to choose which mods to move is sorting by date created, then select the oldest. You're going to end up downloading more in future anyways and will run into the same issue then. So, yes, This is what's worked best for me. And since I'm not moving all these mods to a different drive, the moving process is almost instant. I have the beamng mods folder and my created "temp mods moved" folder pinned to explorer, its practically on speeddial

#25 G-Farce, Feb 27, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  6. Crazy Killer

Crazy Killer
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

I only have 53 mods (if i remember) so i can't experience your problem, but if you want to make BeamNG load faster, go remove an unused mods or just randomly remove the 600 mods so it does not take 30 mins for BeamNG to load. And yes just like @Kueso i wanna see your car selector menu (record it if you can).

7. KaiserimnopYT

KaiserimnopYT
    Expand Collapse

I used to have 500 mods like in 2016 it was too long to load so just go back to 70 mods

8. 95Crash

95Crash
    Expand Collapse

700+ mods?

To the creator of this thread. Unless you enjoy all 700+ mods you have and you like using them often. I suggest deleting/disabling some mods from your computer so that way you can give your computer a break =P

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice