1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice
  3. Before reporting issues or bugs, please check the up-to-date Bug Reporting Thread for the current version.
    0.30 Bug Reporting thread
    Solutions and more information may already be available.

I love a 25 dollar game that's broken

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting: Bugs, Questions and Support' started by whatcomsfinest, Jul 10, 2019.

1. whatcomsfinest

whatcomsfinest
    Expand Collapse

So, I suddenly have the urge to play beamng yesterday or the day before, I start it up, play a scenario, it crashes mid way through the scenario (the game crashes) I think whatever and play something else.
    Now today, I try and play again, the Menus are extremely choppy and laggy, and once a level loads, the actual gameplay is fine, I try to open the vehicle selector, I get to the selector, but with no vehicles, only to get an unknown in the top left corner, sometimes it takes about 10 seconds for the menu to load, even though, I am hitting a solid 140 fps, and sometimes it will load, then 15 seconds later, after showing the unknown and no vehicles loaded, the screen goes black, and is unplayable until I restart.
    Then it finds a new way to break or crash, almost everytime.
    Any suggestions, cause I just love 25 dollar games that don't work. :D

2. Re:Z_IA

Re:Z_IA
    Expand Collapse

Hi! Have you made sure you have “enable hardware acceleration” turned on in the game settings? That should greatly improve the UI speed. Also, unless you monitor can actually display 140fps, I’d reccomend limiting it to ~60. Otherwise you’re using a lot of graphical processing power that could go towards other things.

3. ManfredE3

ManfredE3
    Expand Collapse

You say that like $25 is a lot for a videogame... Most games of this sort are in the $40 range with AAA titles being $60 + predatory DLC.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Nadeox1

Nadeox1
    Expand Collapse
    Spinning Cube
    BeamNG Team

If you use Windows 10, please make sure you have Game Mode disabled. Its not compatible with the game at the moment and can cause massive delays to the interface, like the ones you described.

If you still get delays,
    then you should check the "Hardware Accelerated User Interface" setting in Options > Gameplay as suggested above.

This should be enabled by default.
    Try turning it off, restart the game and see if it's better.

That's an experimental setting, and it could not work fine on a few particular hardware/software combinations yet.

If it's better, then keep it disabled for now.

Also +1 to the suggestion of capping the framerate to an useful range.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. whatcomsfinest

whatcomsfinest
    Expand Collapse

Welp, It seems a crap ton more smooth, Capping it to 60 and the Hardware Accelerated User Interface thing. At the time I think i was really annoyed because I hadn't played Beamng In a long time, but it seems to be working better. Anyways thanks to everyone who responded, and ManfredE3, take into consideration I have like 4 games on steam that are paid, and Minecraft, so I don't buy a lot, and Beamng is my most expensive.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice