1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice
  3. Before reporting issues or bugs, please check the up-to-date Bug Reporting Thread for the current version.
    0.32 Bug Reporting thread
    Solutions and more information may already be available.

I need help making a skin.

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting: Bugs, Questions and Support' started by Alaskan_With_Salmon, Apr 15, 2016.

1. Alaskan_With_Salmon

Alaskan_With_Salmon
    Expand Collapse

So I am trying to make a honnigan skin for the sunburst, but the dds file from the origional won't save because it has "too many minimaps." If I try to use a skin from a mod, I have no outlines of the vehicles, to see where to, and where not to paint. Do I have to use the origional dds file, and create a new layer, then delete the rest for it to save properly?

BTW: I am using GIMP 2 with the dds plugin

2. Funky7Monkey

Funky7Monkey
    Expand Collapse

Within some of the official vehicles' files are UV maps. The Sunburst has two maps, one for standard and one for the rally/race version of the car. I haven't worked with GIMP so I can't help with any issues you have with that.

3. Alaskan_With_Salmon

Alaskan_With_Salmon
    Expand Collapse

ok. I just can't find the outlines. I kinda got it working. thx

4. Funky7Monkey

Funky7Monkey
    Expand Collapse

The UVs are in the vehicle's zip file in Content\Vehicles. They are labeled (roughly) *vehicle name*_UVs.png

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice