WIP I need some help texturing my first BeamNG mod

Discussion in 'Content Creation' started by skyeyemx, Mar 1, 2019.

1. skyeyemx

skyeyemx
    Expand Collapse

I'd really like to get into BeamNG modding, and constructing my own vehicles.

screenshot_2019-02-15_21-13-26.png

At the moment, I'm building up a true prerunner truck out of an Automation vehicle I made ages ago (the Titan Prerunner). My goal at the moment is to remove the front bumper and tailgate, add a rear rollcage, and those little fan-box things on the rear end of prerunner trucks, and edit the suspension setups. So far, the edited suspension setups went well (and are already up on the Automation mods section), and the modelling has gone great and the jbeam editing has already finished. My long-term goal is to update it over time, such that the majority it will be hand-made and less than 50% of the truck will be from Automation

My problem now, is texturing:

screenshot_2019-02-28_19-24-58.png screenshot_2019-02-28_19-25-11.png screenshot_2019-02-28_19-24-34.png screenshot_2019-02-28_19-24-15.png

After I exported my new .dae from Blender, the engine and drivetrain now have no material. My rollcage also has a strange glossy shadow on it that really makes it look quite bad

Furthermore, I haven't got the slightest clue how to even begin texturing work - I think I've really dug myself into a ditch on this one but I really don't wanna quit

If it helps, I have my WIP model linked

Attached Files:

#1 skyeyemx, Mar 1, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Skulkerz

Skulkerz
    Expand Collapse

I'm sorry this isn't answering your question but since I have found a way to speak with you can I ask you a question? How do you mod your automation vehicles ( Put extra things on like how you did the back part of the roll cage) I seem to be in a similar situation so I am asking for help how did you do the roll cage on the back and what process did you do? If you could respond it would be greatly appreciated. ~IncendiumWolf
    Also I really like your mods

3. STEVIE_G4M1NG_YT

STEVIE_G4M1NG_YT
    Expand Collapse

when i was editing an automation car's mesh I noticed that blender cut off some of the texture's names causing this issue.

if you want i'll fix the no texture materials for you

#3 STEVIE_G4M1NG_YT, Mar 1, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2019
  4. TidusKlein

TidusKlein
    Expand Collapse

Loving all the desert racing mods being workes on recently

5. Sithhy™

Sithhy™
    Expand Collapse

I can't really help you with the drivetrain textures, but that differential looks really small compared to the rest of the vehicle... As for the rollcage, go into Blender, select it in edit mode, press Ctrl + N (to recalculate normals) & that will fix it

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice