WIP Ibishu Covet Rally Group N (need help with jbeam)

Discussion in 'Mods and Skins' started by Leet34, Apr 26, 2014.

1. Leet34

Leet34
    Expand Collapse

Started a little project, Rally Group N version of Ibishu Covet. It is just an addon so it doesnt replace anything

Rollcage:

Remade the original one which looked horrible. This one has twice more segments, but less edge loops, so poly count is about the same (a little bit lower count).

cg.png

Gonna need help with jbeam... If anyone knows what im missing in jbeam file, let me know.

Attached Files:

#1 Leet34, Apr 26, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2014
  2. TYLERTJ

TYLERTJ
    Expand Collapse

Re: Ibishu Covet Rally edition

This sounds cool but the devs are already working on something similar:/

3. Leet34

Leet34
    Expand Collapse

Maybe, but i cant wait for race update so i make my own :)

Tried to export it to blender, but i have problem with pivots. they are centered to 0, 0, 0 with transform and scale reseted, but theyr rotation and placement is messed up :(. And when i reset the pivot in max, it moves to exact same location where it is in blender. Need help from a 3ds Max user.

EDIT: Now i know the problem. It appears it uses original object pivot, which seems i cant change that. So i will google out if its possible to change it. If its not, i will change the position of object in blender to be as close as possible to original one.

EDIT EDIT: After some messing up in 3ds max i finally found out how to get pivot on its correct position :D

EDIT EDIT EDIT: Now i have all N/B and i wanna ask how to attach any node of the rollcage to a node of body (So the rollcage wont float around in the car :D)

#3 Leet34, Apr 26, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2014
  4. Calais

Calais
    Expand Collapse

5. Leet34

Leet34
    Expand Collapse

Whats wrong on making my own version ?
    Anyway i use it also, but its not my style, thats the main reason why i make my own one. Everyone has to begin somewhere.

6. Nivracer

Nivracer
    Expand Collapse

I'm liking this, I really want a front engine rally car with a roll cage! :D

7. Seb121314

Seb121314
    Expand Collapse

yeah it's really good idea thanks ! , with off road coilover it would be perfect :)

8. Leet34

Leet34
    Expand Collapse

Thank you both.

9. Leet34

Leet34
    Expand Collapse

Re: Ibishu Covet Rally Group N (NEED SOME SERIOUS HELP)

Update: Changed project name and remade the rollcage

- - - Updated - - -

Exported in 3ds Max, but this time the dae is twice bigger and the original "sport wheels" for some unknown lost its textures... (I DIDNT CHANGE ANYTHING, DIRECTLY IMPORTED FROM ORIGINAL MESH OF THE GAME)
    I tried to fix the "NO TEXTURES" bug by applying own materials, but now it appears that it uses the original texture while it shouldnt and looks totally awful.

Here is what i mean:

dfdfgg.png

EDIT: Now i have imported original mesh which was downloaded by updater and tried to export it again, no luck, even when i applied textures from folder "common" it shows "NO TEXTURE" stuff....
    IDK what to do to fix things up... I REALLY want to have a rollcage in the game, but random errors of exporting doesnt allow me to complete it.

In max everything looks fine

wh.png

#9 Leet34, Apr 30, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 30, 2014
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice