1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice
  3. Before reporting issues or bugs, please check the up-to-date Bug Reporting Thread for the current version.
    0.32 Bug Reporting thread
    Solutions and more information may already be available.

Ibishu Covet's wheels freak out at low-speed.

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting: Bugs, Questions and Support' started by Makoto H., Aug 11, 2013.

1. Makoto H.

Makoto H.
    Expand Collapse

I don't have any recording software to show it off, sadly, but I've noticed that the Covet's front wheels freak out and shake violently when accelerating. This only happens in the sport and rally models--select them and then gun it, and the wheels shake like they're barely attached to the axle until it gets some speed, then they straighten out and act fine. This is screwing with the handling at low speeds quite badly.

2. Zappymouse

Zappymouse
    Expand Collapse

Well, there's your problem.

3. Makoto H.

Makoto H.
    Expand Collapse

I knew someone would say this.

No car should act like this at a low speed. The wheels are shaking around like they're about to fall off and the car is undamaged. Stop fucking assuming everyone doesn't know how to drive.

4. Coovargo

Coovargo
    Expand Collapse

5. Zappymouse

Zappymouse
    Expand Collapse

If you've ever floored a real FWD car with shag pile carpet for a chassis (my A4), you'd notice some torque steer, and lots of juddering as the tyres rotate faster than the rest of the car can keep up. This happens in Drive, and is exacerbated by the polygonal wheels, hence the excessive wheel shake.

Thanks for your mature reply.

6. Makoto H.

Makoto H.
    Expand Collapse

Christ all-effing mighty you made me upload a video just to prove you wrong.

A car should not be doing that even if you're flooring it. The wheels are literally about to come off.

#6 Makoto H., Aug 11, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 21, 2015
  7. Zappymouse

Zappymouse
    Expand Collapse

Couldn't replicate your problem. Launch BeamNG DRIVE Update to restore Covet's .jbeam. Looks like something goofed.

P.S. You now have video recording software. You're welcome! :)

8. Makoto H.

Makoto H.
    Expand Collapse

I've just updated the game, that's the weird thing. I don't think it did this before. I'll try that. It's gotta deal with the power of the engine, the normal variant doesn't do this.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice