On Hold 1995 Ibishu Kashira (Gen 2) 3.1.2

The compact minivan that became a worldwide phenomenon!

Tags:
  1. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

As a former farmer, I would like to point out something https://fifthseasongardening.com/regulating-carbon-dioxide

co2 is not always bad, we would need more than 300% of current levels for optimal food production, something everyone likes to forget, why anyone would want to avoid feeding all the people in growing world.... Ah, yes, reasons.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  2. tobias95ng

tobias95ng
    Expand Collapse

yea that is the another point but i had somehow to cut it
    also google power to liquids its interesting too here they want use co2 to produce fuel it isnt gone then but we can invert the proces to refuil the natural oil recources we hve grabbed

#1922 tobias95ng, Jun 1, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Beamtannic10710

Beamtannic10710
    Expand Collapse

i expect the passengers to become smushed

4. Capkirk

Capkirk
    Expand Collapse

More CO2 certainly would improve crop yields a bit, assuming you could keep up on the other limiting factors. Of course, that high of a CO2 concentration would also have some pretty negative affects on small animals, but that's only a bonus, it would hurt insect populations a lot. They aren't important for anything anyway, right? There's also all this about desertification, extreme weather, etc, but I'm sure that won't be a problem

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

Most importantly humans would enjoy constant headaches etc. 1500ppm starts to be bit annoying to spend all the time in.

I recommend studying how desertification actually works before touting co2 being the reason, it is 'slightly' more complex than that and involves processes that span hugely longer time than 200 years which this co2 talk is based on :rolleyes:

Learning roots of humans from 11 000 years, history of farming and where it evolved to what is today is well recommended too, might give bit more of perspective than putting everything on co2 and justifying like of electric cars because of co2.
    I like them without any connection to environment, especially this Kashira electric concept.

Of course people always want the easy way and like to categorize things be against or with etc.beliefs rule, but would be nice for a once if actually people would dig a bit more instead of categorizing easy way.

6. Capkirk

Capkirk
    Expand Collapse

Electric cars are pretty cool, they put down torque unlike pretty much anything else. Reduced emissions is just a nice side effect, other than CO2, less smog and a bit nicer for those with asthma, and continued increase of atmospheric CO2 at the current rate will get pretty unpleasant for the vast majority of life one way or another, although cars are hardly the largest culprit there. I'm also looking foreword to a CRT digital dash and early touchscreen stuff.

7. Re:Z_IA

Re:Z_IA
    Expand Collapse

Despite how much I love the CRT aesthetic, it probably will actually just use a small LCD. It just wouldn’t make sense for a “futuristic” concept car to use such an outdated technology.

• Agree Agree x 3
  8. Capkirk

Capkirk
    Expand Collapse

Fair enough, CRTs were still common in 2000, but LCD screens were also a thing. Can we at least get a clunky, mercury backlit LCD :p

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Re:Z_IA

Expand Collapse

Well, screens are just flat textures, so there’s not much I can (easily) do to the quality besides lowering the resolution. It will have that clunky, early-2000s, skeuomorphic user-interface setup though.

• Like Like x 5
  10. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

Dinos had lot of co2, then they became oil, which we happily have burned and eventually we will make room for something that again can adapt better, like rodents that were better at adaptation than dinos were, that is how life rolls, human just lives so short time that it is hard to see world as constantly and quickly changing place, from some reason we try to see everything around us as static.

But for example cars have changed a lot too, LCD screens were not a thing at 80's, remember original KITT for example, with tiny CRT screens.

Proxima was 1986 hot concept, thing was to put screen into deep hole then:
    upload_2019-6-2_7-42-48.png

EXT 92 Mercedes truck concept had actually a screen, that is 1992 year, then it was fashionable to have really empty and clean interior with some instrument cluster hovering like that, display type might of been electro luminescence or something like that, it just had places which then lit, unlike LCD that can do different colors, so even display off you could see part of graphics.
    upload_2019-6-2_7-46-48.png upload_2019-6-2_7-47-20.png

There was really similar 'fashionable' instrument cluster pods:
    upload_2019-6-2_7-50-8.png

Also dashboards had quite straight lines, Alfa Proteo:
    upload_2019-6-2_7-56-19.png

1993 Subaru Sagres wanted to be different, that center screen was really really blue on some pics, which I can't find anymore, but while others did pods, they did displays on deep holes like others had at 80's, but at least they did install air vents which others liked to omit:
    upload_2019-6-2_8-5-30.png

Mitsubishi ESR was odd people mover kind, engine was at rear:
    upload_2019-6-2_8-14-1.png upload_2019-6-2_8-14-44.png Not sure if there is better interior pics of this one, but straight from door to door line dashboard and instrument cluster pod was fashionable then.

However building concept is pretty much total freedom in design, it is a concept where one can push beyond limits.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  11. levente.lenoir

levente.lenoir
    Expand Collapse

Hello!
    Like the mod, but I have no engine sound. I play on Ubuntu 18.014 with SteamPlay, latest Proton release.
    Thanks.

12. 98crownvic

98crownvic
    Expand Collapse

I believe I recall someone else who had the same issue. First off, naturally, do other vehicles have sound? I’m assuming that they do. I think for the gen 1 Kashira when someone had this no sound issue, their “effects” volume slider was turned all the way down in their settings. Of course, I’m not the developer, so I can’t say for sure, but that could be it.

13. Re:Z_IA

Expand Collapse

Do you have the gen-1 Kashira installed as well? If so, make sure both mods are up to date and you’ve removed all old versions. And if you do update something, clear your cache before opening the game again. Let me know if you need any more help! (^.^)

14. Beamtannic10710

Beamtannic10710
    Expand Collapse

idea: the bashira varient
    the car was smashed alot

15. Kueso

Kueso
    Expand Collapse

like as in the car would be spawned w/ predamaged panels?
    i know it can be done but im not sure how.

16. Beamtannic10710

Beamtannic10710
    Expand Collapse

like paint scratches dents cracked windows falling pieces
    like the beater and the pre damaged panels you said

17. korbitr

korbitr
    Expand Collapse

I thought hydrogen as a fuel source didn't really gain traction until the mid 2000s, with concept cars like the Honda Clarity and the BMW Hydrogen 7 being made.

BEVs, however, had a boom in popularity in the 1990s when California introduced legislation promoting electric cars and other zero-emission vehicles. This led to the production of cars like the Toyota RAV4 EV, Ford Ranger EV, Honda EV Plus, GM EV1, and the Chevy S-10 EV that @SebastianJDM mentioned. However in 2000, Chevron acquired the patent to nickel-metal hydride EV batteries and ended their production, effectively ending the production of all '90s-era electric cars as well.

#1937 korbitr, Jun 3, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 3, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. default0.0player

default0.0player
    Expand Collapse

LCD is tha best!!! Unfortunately some newer displays use OLED screen, which flicker like hell.
    The liquid crystal doesn't filicker, if the backlight use PWM it'll flicker, if the backlight uses DC dimming no flicker is visible.
    However due to the driving circuit of the oled, there's no way you can light up all LED dots with different color/brightness Simultaneously.
    LEDM88G_Circuit.gif

19. Re:Z_IA

Expand Collapse

screenshot_2019-06-03_17-20-53.png screenshot_2019-06-03_17-22-25.png screenshot_2019-06-03_17-28-27.png screenshot_2019-06-03_17-28-50.png

• Like Like x 19
  20. PabloMM

PabloMM
    Expand Collapse

• Agree Agree x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice