On Hold 1995 Ibishu Kashira (Gen 2) 3.1.2

The compact minivan that became a worldwide phenomenon!

Tags:
  1. MrAngry

MrAngry
    Expand Collapse

I strongly agree with Subaru here, Kashira sounds too exotic for a USDM minivan and it's hardly believable. I'd personally opt for something far more generic or 80's futuristic sounding.

2. B727ClassicFlyer

B727ClassicFlyer
    Expand Collapse

Since the Kashira would be the Japanese market's name for the minivan, I suppose it could be called the Ibishu Pinnacle for the USDM market...

3. General S'mores

General S'mores
    Expand Collapse

The foreign car often have the same name, no matter where they're sold. Only if it's a rebadge, but it's just a rebadge, nothing else.

4. Re:Z_IA

Re:Z_IA
    Expand Collapse

Booooooooooost!
    ezgif-5-78ef951789.gif
    The champagne colored van is a base model with a NA 2.5L I4
    The red van is a sport model with a GTz turbo 2.5L I4
    The blue van is a high trim model with a NA 3.2L V6
    All of the vans in this gif are FWD, but AWD will also be available for each trim level

5. Jota3214™

Jota3214™
    Expand Collapse

Gotta go fast tho :p

6. SubaruSTI07™

SubaruSTI07™
    Expand Collapse

7. MrAngry

MrAngry
    Expand Collapse

You should rework the front window shape, the little pillar at the front should be parallel with the B-Pillar as there is no way you could have wind-down windows with the current setup, it would just get jammed on the way down.

8. Sithhy™

Sithhy™
    Expand Collapse

Kashira looking good... Can't wait to do some offroading with the 4x4 variant :D

9. Gavril T85

Gavril T85
    Expand Collapse

Will it be its own vehicle, or will it be a separate config for the Pessima?

10. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

How come?

Wouldn't window just leave gap to that small pillar when coming down?

11. Re:Z_IA

Expand Collapse

I assume you mean the slight slope in the pillar? Excuse this terrible diagram I just made on my phone, but the pillar actually looks something like this as of now.
    C6AC1A72-2841-49D4-942A-F27B0432EC98.jpeg
    There isn’t actually a slope on the driver’s window side, but there’s a slight slope on the opposite side, so it appears sloped at some angles. I will probably end up making the pillar more straight though, as it will look a bit cleaner.
    Thanks! I don’t currently have 4WD parts planned though. AWD will definitely be available, but the Kashira doesn’t really have the suspension setup for 4WD. It is based on the Pessima platform after all. I may be able to port Hopper suspension parts over, but I’d need to tweak some stuff to get it to work.

Basically, there will absolutely be some rally/light off-road variants, but I don’t foresee there being a rock-crawling variant or anything. Sorry. (*´-`)

It is entirely it’s own vehicle. It is based on the Pessima platform (similarly to how the first gen Odyssey was based on the Accord platform), but that’s mostly just the suspension and drivetrain. The interior and some other parts are similar to the Pessima, but I’m trying to change things here-and-there to make it a more unique vehicle.

12. MisterKenneth

MisterKenneth
    Expand Collapse

Can anyone give me an example of a MPV that was renamed for the US Market?

13. MrAngry

MrAngry
    Expand Collapse

It would end up pushing against the small pillar, unable to go down anymore.
    Yes I mean exactly that, I think it should come at a 90 degree angle which would make sense from a manufacturing and cost standpoint.
    --- Post updated ---
    Nissan Prairie which was known as the Stanza Wagon in the US.
    Also the Chariot from Mitsubishi which was sold as the Expo.

14. MisterKenneth

MisterKenneth
    Expand Collapse

That's an interesting USDM name change.

15. Flippi 284

Flippi 284
    Expand Collapse

I think some cars have it where the pillar is actually slightly hollow inside, allowing the window to go down.

16. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

I doubt that, there are many MPV's with that kind of window setup. Small window is stationary it will not move, but bigger window should be able to work just fine.

Update, what Flippi said, there is groove and space for the window in that.

17. Re:Z_IA

Expand Collapse

18. MrAngry

MrAngry
    Expand Collapse

jteuzer.png

There is no way you're sliding that window along the B-Pillar without completely going through the small pillar or without hitting the door frame. Plus it looks really out of touch with the rest of the car.
    --- Post updated ---
    Check this post

19. Re:Z_IA

Expand Collapse

Oh, I didn't even notice that, haha. I think I'll slope the little B pillar towards the front of the car along that line, and maybe move the mirrors slightly to make up for lost space.

I love when people point things like this out, because there's no way I'd ever notice it on my own. That being said, if you notice anything weird, please point it out! Especially since I've been working on this for so long, I often don't notice little things like the window pillars being illogical, or the roof being slightly tilted.

Thanks for all your help, everyone! (⌒▽⌒*)

20. MrAngry

MrAngry
    Expand Collapse

Yeah, this is the kind of stuff I love to complain about (Atomix could tell stories).
    Also make sure that the side mirrors stay visible through that small pillar when you move the camera around a couple pixels backwards and forwards, to simulate different seating positions.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice