On Hold 1995 Ibishu Kashira (Gen 2) 3.1.2

The compact minivan that became a worldwide phenomenon!

Tags:
  1. Re:Z_IA

Re:Z_IA
    Expand Collapse

I’m definitely going to try to do that. It’s probably going to be a little tricky to figure out, since the door has to both pop out and then slide, unlike most of the other opening doors in the game that just open on a hinge, but if at all possible, I’d love to have that feature for this mod! (*^^*)

• Like Like x 2
  2. SPENCER6665555999

SPENCER6665555999
    Expand Collapse

do u have pics of the back

3. Deleted member 197136

Deleted member 197136
    Expand Collapse

That would be amazing. It would be a first I believe.

4. Blood-PawWerewolf

Blood-PawWerewolf
    Expand Collapse

Is it still going to be a separate vehicle or will it be a part of the pessima as a configuration?

(Give the pessima wagon mod as an example)

5. RECHA

RECHA
    Expand Collapse

Is this going to be a new vehicle, or will it be replacing the old one?

6. ThatCarGuyDownTheStreet

ThatCarGuyDownTheStreet
    Expand Collapse

Do you think you will fix the wonky suspension? Because last time I messed around with it I had to make all kinds of strange toe and camber adjustments to get the car do drive straight when making a custom config.

7. General S'mores

General S'mores
    Expand Collapse

Likely separate, as the creator wants to make it more unique than just being a Pessima MPV.
    --- Post updated ---
    Anyways, a question for the creator:

Will there be a beater config, or maybe window panels (for the Cargo config)?

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Srockzz

Srockzz
    Expand Collapse

All this time later i still think the A-Pillar still looks a little bit.. Iffy. it should be smoother on the part where it joins with the fender IMO. Other than that, Awesome work.

9. Re:Z_IA

Expand Collapse

Not currently, since I haven’t worked on the updated design for the rear much yet, but I’ll post pictures of it as soon as it’s a bit more presentable! (^^)

It’ll definitely still be a separate vehicle, although a lot of the mechanical aspects of both cars will still probably be pretty much the same. This makes sense though, as a lot of early minivans were based directly off of sedan platforms.

This updated version is most likely going to replace the old one, but I’m going to also post a “legacy” version of the Kashira in the thread, in case people would still like to use the old design. I’ll try to make it work independently of the regular Kashira as well, so you can have both versions activated at the same time. I’d contemplated making this like a facelift version or new generation, but I think it’s too similar to the original to be a new generation, but too different to just be a facelift.

I’m definitely going to try to fix the suspension issues, as well as clean up the jbeam a bit. Looking back on it now that I know a bit more about jbeam, I think the issue is that I inadvertently moved the supension mounts a bit, which is causing stress on the suspension that makes it really fragile and disaligned. Assuming that’s the case, fixing the suspension issues should be fairly easy, and worst case scenario, I can just remake the suspension from scratch, now that I somewhat know how to do that. (*^^*)

I’m definitely going to be adding window panels for the cargo variant, especially now that the rear windows are a lot cleaner mesh-wise. As for a beater configuration, I was planning on adding a configuration based on my Odyssey in real life, which although isn’t really a beater, still has quite a few problems... I’ll definitely see about adding more of a traditional beater version as well though. (⌒-⌒; )

Ah, yeah, pretty much every single pillar on the car is a mess right now, ahaha. (๑˃̵ᴗ˂̵) I need to fix a lot on the fender anyways, and i’ll definitely clean up that pillar a bit, as well as that whole front window area in general.

Speaking of which, it’s been like a year by now, and I still have no idea what is going on with the shading on the mesh, especially around the fender area. And it’s not limited to the Kashira, everything I model in Blender just has real sharp shading in between a lot of the faces. I’m wondering if I’ve like messed with a setting somehow that’s messing that up, so I think I’m just going to reinstall a fresh copy of Blender and see what happens. I’m probably long overdue to do that anyways, since there have probably been quite a few updates since I originally downloaded it like two years ago, haha. (〃ω〃)

• Like Like x 9
    • Informative Informative x 1
  10. Spiicy

Spiicy
    Expand Collapse

A sliding door would not be a first, @Narwhal made a mod where it was a new pessima minivan, and it had a sort of working sliding door in 2016
    with slip noted it would be very possible!

• Agree Agree x 4
  11. Zak RS

Zak RS
    Expand Collapse

The kashira is one of my favourite mods, and this update is just going to make it a whole lot better!

12. JowoHD

JowoHD
    Expand Collapse

oh my lord it's gorgeous

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. HadACoolName

HadACoolName
    Expand Collapse

Can I suggest moving the rear tires further back so you can lengthen the sliding door, maybe square off the bottom of the door a bit.

Im not suggesting you make the van longer, Im just suggesting you move the axle more toward the rear.

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. KozyKat

KozyKat
    Expand Collapse

I'd say keep the original Kashira as a 1st gen, 1990-1996, and the new Kashira as a 2nd gen, 1997-2001.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Zak RS

Zak RS
    Expand Collapse

Or rename the first as a prototype with the back story of ibishu wanting a van so they made a new platform and a body from parts from the pessima parts bin to test out their new platform

16. Spiicy

Spiicy
    Expand Collapse

@Re:Z_IA What if you released the update on the mods 1 year anniversary!

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. adhamghaly02

adhamghaly02
    Expand Collapse

i don’t think i’m awake this is a dream come true

18. Re:Z_IA

Expand Collapse

Ah, I see what you mean. The door is a little short, especially by modern standards. I don't think it's that much of a problem though, Nissan had a couple minivans with small-ish doors like that in the 90s.

Really though, the major issue is that moving the axle is quite a to-do, especially with how much of the car is already done. I might play around with the sizing of the front door in comparison to the back, but I don't think I'll be able to move the axle, sorry. (✿˵•́ ‸ •̀˵)

I'll probably do something like that, my only concern being that they don't exactly make sense as two different generations (given how similar they are). At the very least, I'm still going to keep the old version up as a separate download.

Wait, it's been almost a year already? Oh wow! ヾ(〃^∇^)ノ♪

I don't think it will take all the way until April 5th to finish this update, and I don't want to purposely delay the release, but if for some reason its like late March, and I'm just finishing up the update, I'll consider doing something like that. I don't think that's very likely though.
    --- Post updated ---
    screenshot_00621.png screenshot_00622.png screenshot_00623.png screenshot_00625.png screenshot_00626.png
    Still need to fix a lot of the UVs, and possibly rework the rear pillar and taillights a bit (they're a little rounder than I'd like), but...
    ٩(^ᴗ^)۶

• Like Like x 16
  19. Ytrewq

Ytrewq
    Expand Collapse

Again, these taillights are way too long.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. bob.blunderton

bob.blunderton
    Expand Collapse

Looks nice! Definitely different with the tail lights, but considering what the early Chevrolet/General Motors minivans had in the early 90s, with the long tall tail lights, I think it should stay like that, maybe an older or newer model year designating difference.
    I like the green one in the last pic though. I would definitely 100% daily driver that, for-sure.
    This coming from the previous owner of a 98 Trans Sport (Pontiac brand) minivan shouldn't surprise. I loved my van. Got it right before I bought my first house. Loved that thing. I used to throw like 40~50 2x4's and then a heap of surplus bricks too from the houses that were being built, when I worked construction. Used to love the van for that. It was basically a Lumina with more body roll and more difficulty getting to the engine, good thing too because when the headlight switch shorted and broke the dash lights, I put in a light switch out of a Lumina in the junk yard and it worked (it didn't fit in the enclosure right, but I didn't care, it didn't fall out, it worked though). Would entirely buy another if I needed one, so long as it wasn't a Chrysler (though the 2000~2004 models aren't bad, you can get 200,000miles out of those).
    I'm also making a billboard out of your one van pic, for my new city map. It needs to be done :)
    --Will stop blabbing before I make another book.
    Keep up the awesomeness - when it's done, I have a city for it!
    EDIT: Moving the axle is something to be considered after you finish making these 'short wheel base' versions to be honest. I wouldn't worry about it at this stage of 'production' as you'd have to re-tool multiple meshes and that's a pain especially the UV's. Think about a long wheel base version for hauling those plywood and drywall sheets after you've got this wrapped up.
    Thank you for making a mini-van for BeamNG.

• Like Like x 3
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice