Imagine... One central "Will this run BeamNG" thread

Discussion in 'Computer Hardware' started by bauto601, Dec 2, 2016.

1. fivedollarlamp

fivedollarlamp
    Expand Collapse

It's a good PC. It runs really well. I bought a good gaming computer(the Envy) and left it stock, because I don't even know how to access the inside of the computer. Of course, not for that sole reason I haven't modified my PC, but I hope you get my point.

2. Mr.Krazy

Mr.Krazy
    Expand Collapse

I don't have the time/patience to build a PC. It's definitely within my budget of 1,500 or less. All I'm asking is for some help in finding an already built PC that I can buy that will handle the requirements that come with Beamng.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/HP-ENVY-...275126?wmlspartner=wlpa&selectedSellerId=1324

3. BombBoy4

BombBoy4
    Expand Collapse

Problem 1. Walmart.
    Problem 2. HP.
    Problem 3. Horrible GPU in comparison to everything else, especially price.

4. fivedollarlamp

fivedollarlamp
    Expand Collapse

HP isn't bad

5. BombBoy4

BombBoy4
    Expand Collapse

Oh really. @SixSixSevenSeven @VeyronEB @Bubbleawsome and whoever hates HP because of experience. I'm not sure if these are the right people, but at least 1 of them probably has experience.

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. Mr.Krazy

Mr.Krazy
    Expand Collapse

7. bob.blunderton

bob.blunderton
    Expand Collapse

Cheap mobo, cheap PSU, onboard gfx, basic sound chip, limited/no upgrade ability, still has HDD in 2017...
    Walmart PC's are the pits, goto local PC shop get a gaming machine.

If you buy a PC at walmart, don't dare admit it in here. Find better PC in trash...

Walmart PC last 6~18 months, custom built PC last 5~12 years!!!

An AMD FX cpu and machine with HDD??? Are you kidding??? HAVE YOU BEEN LIVING IN THE STONE AGE. That thing was out-dated THREE YEARS AGO. IT IS TRASH.
    I have an Fx-6300 which is the 6-core version of that same 8 core, that's been collecting dust for two and a half years because it was RUBBISH. Slow. Slow. Slow... I'm about to take it to the skip yard.
    Buy an i5, 16gb ram, 250+ gb SSD, dvd-drive (they're useful), gtx 1060 or Radeon Rx 470 or above.
    I have been using my i7 4790k since fall 2014, when I built it. I love it, chip runs a tad hot vs all my others, but it's a good pc. Buy a real computer, not that Abacus FX cpu rubbish. I'm not bashing AMD, their RYZEN is a fine work of art, but FX and APU processors are complete and utter rubbish, the intel 4 core spanks on the AMD FX 8-core easily and uses less than half the power.

If you bought it already...
    TAKE IT BACK NOW. YOU WERE SHAMMED (SCAMMED).
    DO NOT BUY A COMPUTER FOR GAMING AT *WALMART*... EVER!

If you still want it and love it and think you've gotten a good deal, I've got an awesome deal on some ocean-front property in North Dakota to sell to you :)

There's plenty of small business locally that specialize in this.
    Hate me if you like, if it feels right. I am not out to gather hate, I am out to be honest. I am 100% blunt but that's a freebie with the 100% honesty part of it. Get an i5 or i7 that's at-least 3ghz or faster (will run many vehicles). Even an i3 that's 3ghz or faster will run 2 vehicles within reason. So long as it's a rather new video card with it, it should run Beamng.drive decently.

You will have a PC for many years. You will have a computer that will do everything you need it to do and more. Just make sure it has 16gb or more of RAM so you don't have to be bothered with upgrading it. A 250GB or larger SSD will also allow you to install a few games and not just the Operating System only (like a 120gb SSD would have you doing). It's 2017. No one needs a HDD unless they're a kid without a job or they pirate computer software - except if you use them for backups and hide them away in a drawer where they belong, when not in use. Friends don't let friends use hard disk drives.
    There is no comparison in performance of an HDD vs an SSD. There also is next to no comparison of the AMD FX or APU series to the intel i-series chips as of late, exception: AMD RYZEN. Feel free to buy a RYZEN machine anytime, they're good.

#127 bob.blunderton, Apr 21, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. VeyronEB

VeyronEB
    Expand Collapse

Yeah I've owned two, both are pretty crap. Both have/had very common problems that have no real solution.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. Y4123

Y4123
    Expand Collapse

Idk what my computer has but it's slow and can barely run BeamNG on low settings sometimes

10. bob.blunderton

bob.blunderton
    Expand Collapse

Most likely an AMD APU, turn off SHADOWS, turn off COLLISIONS if possible (if you can stand it).
    If your video-limited, turning off reflections, turning DOWN texture quality, and at the last point, lowering resolution to 720p helps.
    If it's an intel chip it shouldn't be that bad unless it's like an intel ATOM, which is essentially a madly OC'ed Pentium III, age-old architecture but still does the job for light-duty. Any i5 or i7 does this game some serious FPS, even Skylake or newer integrated 530 intel graphics will reasonably run medium detail textures, no shadows, no AA, no reflections at 720p - yes, even on my huuuuuuge Roane County map.

11. Y4123

Y4123
    Expand Collapse

found out how to find the PC specs
    specs.png

12. bob.blunderton

bob.blunderton
    Expand Collapse

That processor isn't your problem, lower those video settings, that CPU is fine and should easily at the minimum run 3~4 vehicles at 35-40fps or higher in worst-case scenario. Lower video settings!

13. Y4123

Y4123
    Expand Collapse

I have an AMD Radeon HD 5700

14. bob.blunderton

bob.blunderton
    Expand Collapse

720p resolution, medium or low texture quality, NO reflections (disable reflections altogether, helps make video smoother), might want to turn off shadows for a boost too (that'll help your cpu run the game 30% faster possibly)
    Once you get it running nice in 720p with everything disabled and set to minimum, find a happy medium, maybe bump the resolution up to 1080p if possible, and see if it'll do that, if not, knock it back. See what settings you're comfortable with.

15. Mr.Krazy

Mr.Krazy
    Expand Collapse

Nevermind, looks like in order to play Beamng, I must build my own CPU. In all of my sparetime!

I will admit, I am a complete noob when it comes to PC Gaming and knowing what is hot in the Tech market and what is outdated (because unlike all of you, I actually have a life ;)), and I get what you are all trying to say.

Build, Build, Build...HP Sucks...Don't buy from Walmart...

I'll look into it, maybe someone I know can help out

16. SixSixSevenSeven

SixSixSevenSeven
    Expand Collapse

Both of my HPs are fine. Some are awful

17. Modem

Modem
    Expand Collapse

the biggest damn mistake you can make is buying a pre-built. but even worse is buying it from walmart. building computers takes no time at all. i swapped out my gpu a month ago and it took me a total of 14 min not counting the time it took for drivers to download. there is a damn good reason they call computer building "lego for adults"

• Agree Agree x 3
  18. Blijo

Blijo
    Expand Collapse

To join this:
    I built my first pc a few weeks ago. It was super easy and fun, took me one evening to build it and a few hours to install Windows etc.
    There is no need to be scared for making your own. There are a lot of people who can help you picking parts and a lot of video tutorials about building it.

I don't live in America, so things can be different here but there are a lot of custom pc building websites here with quite decent prices (building it yourself is still cheaper) and you may want to look into that.

And that hp thing is super overpriced crap.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Y4123

Y4123
    Expand Collapse

the problem with changing the resolution is my monitor is 1920x1017 so 720 makes it impossible to see anything

20. bob.blunderton

bob.blunderton
    Expand Collapse

The game resolution in a window will say that. 1920x1080 less a Windows taskbar is about that.
    most all monitors can do 720p, the problem lies within your video driver needing an over/underscan setting so that is displays the resolution properly in the center of the screen, so it's not cut-off. My 40" screen (which is a TV) needs a bit of overscan/underscan adjustment to fit the screen properly or I lose about a ¼-½ inch of screen on each side behind the bezel (frame of screen).
    You can always move your UI a bit but it won't help with the left-side menu.
    This is a crapshoot but it just might work, if what you're telling me is the edges of your display are cut off:
    Go into display options and set your display settings for the same 720p res you use in the game.
    Right click on your red radeon button on your taskbar, click on RADEON SETTINGS.
    Go and find the DISPLAY icon and click it inside the app. Select HDMI scaling, and move the slider so that you can see everything. This is with a rather recent driver, so hopefully yours will be somewhat simpler.
    If your not using HDMI-out then look for overscan/underscan settings.
    If yours doesn't match 100% look up the help on the driver help links.
    Or you can just look for overscan/underscan settings yourself.
    If someone can help clarify this, please do! My instructions could use some improvement. Also, 5xxx series is Legacy hardware now, and is not supported by the latest driver releases (so it may be a little different).
    Settings instructions apply to Radeon Crimson driver, older drivers may differ slightly, but are fundamentally similar.
    Use your brain here if needed :) Sorry I couldn't be more precise, I don't have a bunch of older systems running next to me like I used to, to help with older configs (they're being used a monitor stands right now - amd FX 6300 hexacore monitor stand ftw).
    When and if you get your 720p resolution tweaked, you will be able to close that Radeon settings out, and go back to your desktop, and change your display resolution back to 1080p or whatever you're normally running at.
    *My instructions would be more clear but I'm quite disabled due to a migraine today. Don't get migraines, they suck.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice