Improved JBeam debug visualisation

Discussion in 'Ideas and Suggestions' started by B25Mitch, Oct 13, 2014.

1. B25Mitch

B25Mitch
    Expand Collapse
    Vehicle Designer
    BeamNG Team

Apologies if this has been suggested already (just did a few searches and couldn't find anything on the matter), but I'd like to see a JBeam debug visualisation that depicts nodes and beams as solid geometry, similar to the sample car on the Wiki, or how Rigs of Rods did it.

(imported from here)

Using the current 2D bright green JBeam visualisation (K), the lack of depth perception makes it hard to visually locate a node in 3D space. This is pretty important when manually adding coltris. It would also be very useful if this debug geometry was visible all the time, not just when in control of the particular vehicle. My workflow involves creating the JBeam before the flexbody mesh, and it can be pretty confusing to crash test an invisible object.

2. Again_Dejavu

Again_Dejavu
    Expand Collapse

On a related note, I'd like it if the nodes beams, etc. shown in debug mode had shadows and the like. Small detail, but it'd be cool.

3. Miura

Miura
    Expand Collapse

You can highlight beams like this in the beams section:

{"highlight":{"radius":0.004, "col":"#ff2211ff"}}

Much easier to see the structure than with the thin green lines. Still no lighting for the beams, so it's not as clear as it could be. Also, it can get laggy if you highlight all beams in a car, for example.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice