1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice
  3. Before reporting issues or bugs, please check the up-to-date Bug Reporting Thread for the current version.
    0.30 Bug Reporting thread
    Solutions and more information may already be available.

In game Character?

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting: Bugs, Questions and Support' started by Cobra909, Jan 22, 2013.

1. Cobra909

Cobra909
    Expand Collapse

Will the in game character we get be the one in the Cryengine 3 sdk with all the guns and grenades?...possibilities;)

2. Rocking_Star

Rocking_Star
    Expand Collapse

As with RoR, this is just a Vehicle simulation game.
    There will be no sort of guns or projectiles (missiles, RPGs, LMGs, Railguns, etc.) in the game.
    There is a remote chance that the Devs might implement it, but it's highly highly not probable.

3. DanniBee

DanniBee
    Expand Collapse

I don't see why a character is necessary. Can't we just fly around the map and click on parked vehicles to drive or spawn our own ones in?

4. luke198

luke198
    Expand Collapse

I think it would be cool to have a crash test dummy as a character. You can simulate a crash test with it!:cool:

5. D0ntstare

D0ntstare
    Expand Collapse

Hehe, Thats a cracking idea, Would be alot of fun to see a crash dummy getting pummeled as the good old vanster tumbles down a cliff side :p

6. AwesomeSauce

AwesomeSauce
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

Wrong thread, ignore this comment

#6 AwesomeSauce, Jan 23, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2013
  7. luke198

luke198
    Expand Collapse

Or you could pretend that he is someone you hate and run him over!:p

8. Bubbleawsome

Bubbleawsome
    Expand Collapse

This escalated quickly. XD

9. Element4ry

Element4ry
    Expand Collapse

I like this idea, the crash test dummy as a main character and eventually option to put other dummies as passengers of the vehicle. Would be nice to see they falling right through front windshield during head-on crash.

10. Mad-Alex

Mad-Alex
    Expand Collapse

Crash test dummy is a good idea. Also I would like to represent my own vision of in-game character. As I am a big fan of Australian V8 Supercars, it will be cool to have a race driver inside the race car. In my opinion it should be simulated with the N/B, also must have some basic animations like gear shifting, pulling a handbrake and some foot animations, like pushing the accelerator and brake pedals. The steering wheel, gear shifter, handbrake, pedals and driver's seat, must be simulated with the N/B too. Also we will need some seatbelts, which will keep driver in his seat, and in case of a crash they will work like in real V8 Supercar. I was thinking about how to combine N/B skeleton for the driver and all that animations which I've mentioned above. I remember Fat-Alfe's crawler in RoR, the driver in that crawler was simulated with very basic N/B. Maybe in BeamNG's game we could have more advanced N/B for the in-car character.
    Here it is some in-car video.:)

#10 Mad-Alex, Jan 24, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 21, 2015
  11. DanniBee

DanniBee
    Expand Collapse

I didn't realise we were talking about crash test dummies and rag dolls God, I'd love to see that, fill up an MPV with a group of dummies and get it blind-sided by the Vanster or something :p However I recall one of the devs saying that putting rag dolls in the car or whatever would be impossible. But perhaps now that there is self-collision it could become a reality.

Like so:

[MEDIA=youtube]http://youtu.be/XHFsmsGPDVc[/MEDIA]

12. luke198

luke198
    Expand Collapse

I wonder what the game would be rated if you saw a race car driver getting killed in a massive impact... It would be better if the crash test dummy was the default character, and then the community can create a different character. This would be good to keep the game rating below "Mature 17+". I do like your idea though.:cool:

13. Mad-Alex

Mad-Alex
    Expand Collapse

You don't get the point of my post. Mainly I was suggesting the way how the character can be simulated when it's in a race car, I was not talking about fatal crashes and other dark sides of motorsports.

14. David Fortsc

David Fortsc
    Expand Collapse

When the talk of whether or not it'd be wise to have a physical crash test dummy the question has to come up "What effect will it have?". I noticed someone mentioning that it would have to be created in the N/B format but I don't think you quite understand how time consuming and painful that would be for low to medium maybe even high end computers. That would be a lot of N/Bs to load and with that it would always be active inside of the vehicle, the typical problem with two vehicles interacting have always been relying on the CPU. Now, how it is done within BeamNG is beyond me as it hasn't been released (to my knowledge), but it still has a possibility of it.

Now, if I am correct BeamNG will utilize the "Torque 3D" game engine which allows for a lot of things physics based. One idea that the developers have probably already thrown about is the possibility of the 'Rag doll' effect. Everyone here knows what it is so I will not go into exactly what it is. The question here is how Torque 3D supports Rag dolls and utilizes them. I know one way that we could easily bring in Rag Dolls would be the program "Endorphin" which is an engine that GTA:IV used to create their Ragdoll effects. Even though there are specific engines that run rag doll physics, the question still remains of "What effect will it have?". Though it will be cool to see Rag dolls and crash test dummies, it might not be plausible early on or maybe even mid on in development. I'm assuming that BeamNG will be released for free and will be worked on endlessly just like RoR was. If how ever, BeamNG is released for a fee, this would still bring in updates as the team is passionate about the product and wants everyone to enjoy it.

Only time will tell, but for me.. I vote to implement them.. Just don't know how long it'll be or how time consuming it'll be.

EDIT:

Also keep in mind that this game really does not adhere to any ESRB ratings.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice