in-game feature to share cars presets/tunings

Discussion in 'Ideas and Suggestions' started by Pudding, Feb 18, 2020.

1. Pudding

Pudding
    Expand Collapse

I think I have seen something like that in forza motorsport or horizon, whatever... like a repository section in-game menu, so people can share their car presets, make an option to add a description and photo. Also, presets can be sold by in-game value if story mod gonna has one, or some online career.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. ViroGamer

ViroGamer
    Expand Collapse

Tune a car and save it > Find the path to the car > Copy its contents, make sure it is a zip > Paste it into the mods folder > Add resouce in mods section and click on the zip you copied into the mods folder and take pictures, write a description. Also there already is an in-game repository

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Pudding

Pudding
    Expand Collapse

I know it's possible right now. I think that, as I described above, will be much easier for the community

4. KennyWah

KennyWah
    Expand Collapse

I think a lot of this stuff in general needs an overhaul. Yes it is indeed possible however, and yes it works.

I wish the garage feature would let you take a pic that would set a preview for the configs you make.

5. ViroGamer

ViroGamer
    Expand Collapse

The photo mode in the garage is already possible.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. crazikyle

crazikyle
    Expand Collapse

It's a great idea, and a great way to introduce a multiplayer/social aspect to the game. I'd also love to see a marketplace or auction house where players can sell their used cars, or make custom, pre-tuned cars. depending on where the story goes, I'd also like it if you could buy used parts from other players. Say you wreck a car, you could strip it and sell good parts, like the engine/drive train, or if you blow the engine you could sell the shell of the car. It would be a fun way to make money and interact with other players.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Coolman00541

Coolman00541
    Expand Collapse

The only problem would be that people could spawn a number of high cost cars and then sell them and become extremely rich without much effort.

8. ViroGamer

ViroGamer
    Expand Collapse

That should be a campaign! I guess it would be like forza horizon 4 where you would do races. And then in the repository section its is called the dealership and auction section where you can buy stock cars or used cars. Then you do races to earn enough money to get a new car and so on. BeamNG would be fun Open world racing game, unfortunately it would take years to make it.

9. KennyWah

KennyWah
    Expand Collapse

But it doesn't set it to be a picture of your config.. just takes a screenshot for safe keeping.

Setting that by hand is incredibly finicky.. I used to mod and it's only gotten more complicated to setup configs to be more professional looking. ~been playing since 2013..

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. SuperAusten64

SuperAusten64
    Expand Collapse

Access the garage map in freeroam using Alex_Farmer's map unlocker and use the thumbnail generator app.

• Informative Informative x 1
  11. KennyWah

KennyWah
    Expand Collapse

I cannot seem to get the thumbnail generator to take pictures of custom configs specifically, and it's also unfortunate that it simply seems to take pictures of absolutely every variant of a car. Am I missing something? I've never used this app, didn't even know it existed so please understand I've been in the dark on this.

12. SuperAusten64

SuperAusten64
    Expand Collapse

It takes thumbnails of every configuration for the vehicle you've spawned. That includes stock configs, configs in mods, and configs in your user folder. It is unfortunate how long it takes, and even without the redundancy taking a thumbnail for a single config takes a while. If you only want to get a thumbnail for a single configuration, once it's taken it you can press ALT+U to un-hide the UI and exit to the main menu. If you're taking thumbnails for multiple configs, sadly the best option is to wait for it to finish taking all of them and then delete the ones you don't want.

It would really be nice if they'd just add the option to only take a thumbnail of the current configuration, but the likelihood that that'll happen is unknown.

13. KennyWah

KennyWah
    Expand Collapse

Yeah, it doesn't really help compared to just doing it the old fashion way personally. That is unfortunate.

14. SuperAusten64

SuperAusten64
    Expand Collapse

The benefit of using the thumbnail generator is that it positions the camera in the same place it does on the default thumbnails, so they look consistent.

15. KennyWah

KennyWah
    Expand Collapse

Yeah but I don't need it to look that crazy professional. I'm pretty handy at this stuff anyway and I can make it look good in a different way. If anything making my configs personally stand out makes them easier to find (and not by making them look like ****).

Which when they've become 3/4 of the configs I use on the Bluebuck for example that's kinda nice.

I used to mod back since like 2014 a year after getting the game if not less because the game came out like Q2/3 2013 the same day it released, I'd bought it.

16. BrynCoops

BrynCoops
    Expand Collapse

Getting configs to simply match the default ones in terms of information is more of a pain than just the preview pictures though.
    It's getting the performance stats, that's the biggest pain. Had to dig up half of the forums to find out how you do that.
    If anything, making configurations (and making them presentable) is extremely tedious.

But once you know how to do it, I'd say it's all worth it. Really nice to see my own configs blending in with the default ones.
    I'm not entirely against an easier method of making and sharing configs, but at the same time I'm worried about a substantial rise in low-effort configs too.

17. KennyWah

KennyWah
    Expand Collapse

Well I spend 2-5hrs per config on a car when I do it ~~not including anything but parts, colour, setup and tuning. I only have about 7-10 for myself across most the vehicles in the game, I often download config mods for parts and use the parts to make configs that the original modders could only dream they had the patience to make. *snickers* seriously some of those mods are cringe city.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice