Solved Increase Differential Output?

Discussion in 'Mod Support' started by Occam's Razer, Dec 6, 2017.

1. Occam's Razer

Occam's Razer
    Expand Collapse

Sorry, I'm gonna re-title and repurpose this thread.

The vehicle I'm working on has exposed mechanical parts that I want to be functional. I've got a differential (the old, pre-powertrain system type) representing two gears, but seeing as one of these gears is far smaller than the other, I want the rotation to be asymmetric: one should be rotating faster than the other.

#1 Occam's Razer, Dec 6, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2017
  2. Occam's Razer

Occam's Razer
    Expand Collapse

Yeah, I've been meaning to learn how to use the powertrain system for some time. The issue is that the gears don't really have an input per se, as there actually isn't an engine (it's an unusual vehicle), and there aren't really any references for that in the official content. Moreover, both gears are physical; neither is or can be a prop.

Edit: Wait, figured it out. I forgot about the powertrain visualization app, and how insanely handy it can be. Still, I don't know how to make the gear ratios different for two shafts coming from the same differential.

Edit, again: Ah, didn't know that the 'gearRatio' variable could be added to individual shafts.

#1 Occam's Razer, Dec 6, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2017
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice