Increasing steering angle/lock

Discussion in 'Content Creation' started by Inertia, Jul 1, 2016.

1. Inertia

Inertia
    Expand Collapse

Hi, I am currently in the process of making a wisefab style jbeam for most of the cars to increase the steering lock. I have been trying it out on the Grand Marshall (fullsize) and the SBR4 (sbr) but when I increase the factor of the hydros the tie rods break very quickly. Is there a way to make almost indestructible tie rods or a way to make them less likely to break? Attached is my jbeam for the Grand Marshall, it is setup for a mod rather than an edited version of the full suspension file from the stock "content" folder.

Attached Files:

2. Deleted member 160369

Deleted member 160369
    Expand Collapse

Code:
    "hydros": [
      ["id1:","id2:"],
      {"beamPrecompression":1.0, "beamType":"|NORMAL", "beamLongBound":1, "beamShortBound":1},
      {"beamSpring":6001000,"beamDamp":100,"beamDeform":106200,"beamStrength":999999},
      ["fh6r","fx5l",{"factor":0.32,"steeringWheelLock":430}],
      ["fh6l","fx5r",{"factor":-0.32,"steeringWheelLock":430}],
      {"beamPrecompression":1.0, "beamType":"|NORMAL", "beamLongBound":1, "beamShortBound":1},
      ],
    I tried doubling the beamStrength value and the tie-rod seemed solid enough to me.

EDIT - Well, no, it did break after a while, but that's the parameter you need to tune in order for it to work. Also, stiffer beams (beamSpring) might help.

EDIT #2 - Well, after a little bit of testing, I believe factor 32 is just way too much for the steering to work without extensive modifications to the front axle geometry. The tierod kept snapping whatever I did.

#2 Deleted member 160369, Jul 1, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 1, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Inertia

Inertia
    Expand Collapse

Yeah I will probably have to go further into the suspension setup to make it work. Hopefully I can find where to start. Thanks for the help.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice