Inertial Camera

Discussion in 'Ideas and Suggestions' started by SushiPro, Jul 27, 2017.

1. SushiPro

SushiPro
    Expand Collapse

I feel like the main cameras like orbit and chase don't really do a good job of letting you see how much the car is bouncing or moving in relation to the ground because instead of seeing the car move around, you can only see the ground move around the car. I think the camera shouldn't be firmly attached to the car but rather move more independently. If the car goes over a bump really fast, the camera should remain or move less violently up and down than the car so that the jolt is more visible (as though the camera was attached to a spring that was attached to the car, or as though the camera has its own intertia). IMO, the external camera portrays vehicle movement much more pleasantly because it's not attached to the car's movement (save for it's panning).

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. StarredKing101

StarredKing101
    Expand Collapse

I second this. It seemed that the game did this when it was in early development, but it seems now it's gone, and it really would add to the experience.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Mopower77

Mopower77
    Expand Collapse

I believe they have been working on camera stuff. So maybe we'll get more advanced settings that would allow you to have a little more customization.

4. EruptionTyphlosion

EruptionTyphlosion
    Expand Collapse

I believe acceleration affecting the FOV is always a possibility.
    --- Post updated ---
    Similar to Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit 2 on the PS2.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Dr. Death

Dr. Death
    Expand Collapse

You seem to be asking for a mix between the orbital camera of horizontal free play in relation with the car and to be firmly stuck to the vertical position, as with the chase camera.

I personally want, for example, the orbit camera to be stuck in the 180 degrees behind the car, and give us a button to look from the front, or dont make the camera autoposition itself 180 degrees even if we already had it positioned in another place.

Issue about camera manipulation is that everyone will have their own ideal way and they are not THAT easy to modify and setup.

IMO the onboard cockpit camera requires a lot of fiddling. Live for speed got the cockpit camera pretty much on point.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice