Intel Core i3-6100

Discussion in 'Computer Hardware' started by Yama, Mar 16, 2016.

1. Yama

Yama
    Expand Collapse

Will i3-6100 be good for BeamNG? And if someone know, how much cars I'll spawn with this CPU? :|

2. yolo-phil

yolo-phil
    Expand Collapse

Intel Core i5 6400k has waayyy better performance

3. BlueScreen

BlueScreen
    Expand Collapse

No such thing as a 6400k. 6400 is better but also more expensive.

OP, yes, great CPU for the price.

4. yolo-phil

yolo-phil
    Expand Collapse

Yeah

5. Funky7Monkey

Funky7Monkey
    Expand Collapse

IMO best cheap CPU you can buy because of that. It has excellent single threaded performance, as expected from Intel, according to PassMark (a comparative graph). It even supports ECC RAM... For some reason...

6. Yama

Yama
    Expand Collapse

Ik but I don't have that much money :c
    So I will be able to play BeamNG and other games like BF4 without that much FPS drops yeah? :p

Oh and thank you for the answer, you are the only persons that answer me :>

• Like Like x 1
  7. Funky7Monkey

Funky7Monkey
    Expand Collapse

BeamNG will run well with 1-2 cars. Not sure about more. As far as BF4 goes, you should be fine.

8. Yama

Yama
    Expand Collapse

Okay, that's enough i want to know :v
    --- Post updated ---
    I think with this CPU most games will run very well, I want to play games like Rainbow Six or The Devision (With Devision it will have problem I think :v)

9. randomshortguy

randomshortguy
    Expand Collapse

I wouldn't be too sure of that, it's still a dual core after all. Dual cores gimped Far Cry 4 as I remember, and The Division and Siege will probably push that CPU pretty hard.

10. Kittyboy729

Kittyboy729
    Expand Collapse

You should be fine, if your ok with 20-30 fps, I run it on a Windows 8 Dual Pentium, with Intel HD graphics. I have it on lowest settings and i get a solid 17 FPS, which isn't bad for a Pentium running a intense game like Beamng.Drive
    this thread is old, but i hope I helped

-Kittyboy729

11. BombBoy4

BombBoy4
    Expand Collapse

As someone with an I3-6100, I can give you an accurate opinion. I don't remember the exact bananabench score, but I know the general performance.
    1 car runs perfectly fine, always limited by the GPU no matter how powerful.
    2 and 3 cars just about the same as 1 car, maybe affected very slightly by background processes. Still GPU limited.
    4 cars is where it layers onto the core where physics and UI are calculated, cutting FPS by a bit.
    5 cars is another notch slower, layering onto the 1st care, which has a car already on it.
    6-7 cars is slightly slower.
    Repeat.

This is with hyperthreading on, hyperthreading off boosts FPS with one car, but is cut more substantially with more cars than with it on. This processor will give 60FPS no problem with more cars than most will use. An I5-6400 would care slightly better due to having 4 physical and logical cores instead of 4 logical cores and 2 physical cores. The I3 is still great though :)

12. Michaelflat

Michaelflat
    Expand Collapse

Don't buy the i3, just save up your money until the i5. I know it will be hard but an i3 is overpriced imo

13. Mr.Blueboy

Mr.Blueboy
    Expand Collapse

I have an i3 4030U @1.90GHz it is a laptop CPU, but still, save up for a mid to high-end i5.
    i3's are sluggish, how about that?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice