Solved Invisible Mesh

Discussion in 'Mod Support' started by Aaron_the_Hare, Jan 22, 2018.

1. Aaron_the_Hare

Aaron_the_Hare
    Expand Collapse

I'm trying to create a cardboard box mod. I have created textures and the .dae file but nothing is there. If you run a car into it it collides. It's just invisible. Please help! I attached the mods file.

Attached Files:

• modhelp.png
  2. Re:Z_IA

Re:Z_IA
    Expand Collapse

Here you go!

I changed the name of the mesh in Blender to "cardboard," as your jbeam is set up to have "cardboard" as the flexbody. I also went ahead and applied location to the mesh for you, as it had not been set yet.

I hope that helped! If you have any more questions or need any more help, feel free to ask!

Attached Files:

3. Aaron_the_Hare

Aaron_the_Hare
    Expand Collapse

Thank you so much! It worked! Before you leave though can you (@Re:Z_IA) show me how you did this using screen shots? I'm going to make mods in the future I just want to know. Also do you know how to map out the edges in blender so I know where the boundaries are in Photoshop? Anyways thanks and you guys are so fast!

#3 Aaron_the_Hare, Jan 23, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2018
  4. Re:Z_IA

Expand Collapse

Absolutely!

So first, I took a look at the flexbodies section of your jbeam, and saw that it was looking for a mesh called "cardboard" to use as the box's mesh.
    Screenshot324.png
    Then, I opened up your .dae, and saw that the mesh was named "cube" (see upper right corner), so I changed the name to "cardboard" so that the .jbeam could find the mesh.
    Screenshot325.png Screenshot326.png
    I also went ahead and applied location to your mesh (ctrl+a), as the mesh will not always stay attached to the jbeam if location is not applied.
    Screenshot327.png
    Hopefully that was a better explanation as to what I did. I'm not very good at explaining things, haha.

Best of luck on your mod!

5. Aaron_the_Hare

Aaron_the_Hare
    Expand Collapse

Your the best @Re:Z_IA. I truly love people like you who will help anyone! I wish I could give you a good review like on Yelp. lol Also I updated the last post and asked if you knew how to map out the edges of the object in Photoshop? Or like export the .png but with the edges shown on it! Anyways thanks! Also Doki Doki seems like a good dark game (I have never played it thoogh)! Glad to see a fan of it! Anyways Thanks!

6. Re:Z_IA

Expand Collapse

Sure! I'm not the greatest at UV mapping, but I'll explain as best as I can.

Screenshot328.png
    Firstly, you're going to want to get to the UV editor in Blender. Click the little icon in the lower left corner (likely a clock [timeline editor] by default), and select "UV/Image editor." Drag the window up so you have some more space.

Then, go into edit mode in the model editor, and press "a" to select all the vertices on your model.

Screenshot329.png
    Your UV editor should now show boxes like this. Each box is a side of your mesh. It's pretty simple because you have a simple mesh, but for larger things, it can get complicated.

At the bottom of the screen, select the "Open" button, and open the .png that you made in the box's mod folder.

Screenshot330.png
    Now, if you select a side of the box, the UV editor will show which size you've selected. this way, you can import the .png into Photoshop, and know which side you're editing. Since it's just a box, the UV map should be fairly straight-forwards.

Hopefully that made sense and helped a bit. Like I said, I'm not the greatest at explaining things. (*^^*)

7. Aaron_the_Hare

Aaron_the_Hare
    Expand Collapse

Untitled-2.gif
    Thank You! Your so nice! You can also pull out the uv editor here! Once I release the mod I will dm you the link! @Re:Z_IA Untitled-2.gif

Attached Files:

• ToTheNicePersonNamedReZ_IA.png
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice