Is blender the only program I can use to make vehicles?

Discussion in 'Content Creation' started by Gavril T85, Sep 17, 2017.

1. Gavril T85

Gavril T85
    Expand Collapse

Is blender the only program I can use to make vehicles? I don't like the way blender is set up, but it's the only program I see people use for vehicle creation.

2. ¿Carbohydration?

¿Carbohydration?
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

3dsmax and Google sketchup can also be used.

3. Driv3r1142

Driv3r1142
    Expand Collapse

If you're not willing to pay money for the tools you want, Blender is your best bet.

Google sketchup is a mess. Only a handful of users on the forums that I know of know a workflow for Google sketchup that works for them. Its a chore to make anything that would be usable in BeamNG with sketchup, and when I was last using it, I had to deal with so many issues that I simply would not have to deal with if I was using Blender.

Also the warehouse models are a pain to deal with if you want to export them... However this is generally seen as a no no in the community, even with permission to use assets, so I don't advise you try it to make something you plan on releasing.

Watch a few tutorials regarding vehicle modeling in blender. Learn the basic tools you need to know to get started, and then try something. This is how I got started, and I have certainly gotten more used to Blender than before. There is alot of stuff crammed into blender. It is a very powerful free tool, if you just know where to get started.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Gavril T85

Gavril T85
    Expand Collapse

ok ill try

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice