Is it good for gaming?

Discussion in 'Computer Hardware' started by C747, Oct 13, 2018.

1. C747

C747
    Expand Collapse

I've got my old computer -cleaned- and fixed and i want to consult with you if it is good for running games.

Intel(R) Pentium(R) G2020 @2.90 GHz
    4,00GB RAM
    Windows 10 64 bit
    Some shitty integrated graphics card(Intel HD Graphics)

2. Mad_Cat

Mad_Cat
    Expand Collapse

No, you cant really play any modern game on that, but games like GTA San Andreas will run great on that PC. And i really recommend you to install Windows 7 or Windows 8.1 on that PC because Windows 10 uses more resources than 7/8.1.

3. C747

C747
    Expand Collapse

Will BeamNG Run in lowest graphics?
    -If you didn't know, i'm used to play in lag so...-

4. Zorin-Ind.

Zorin-Ind.
    Expand Collapse

probably not.. Tried it once on a R7 240 on lowest settings possible.
    The result:

5. C747

C747
    Expand Collapse

BeamNG??
    C'mon, i've seen GTA V Gameplays with the EXACT SAME PROCESSOR...

6. Jetpackturtle

Jetpackturtle
    Expand Collapse

Not really, neither your CPU or your RAM (assuming it's DDR3) are up for the task of running anything other than TF2 at low settings.

7. BannedByAndroid

BannedByAndroid
    Expand Collapse

GTA V does not have the excessive physics BeamNG had to run.

8. Sparks4

Sparks4
    Expand Collapse

No. It should run beam at the lowest possible settings, at the lowest resolution possible. Gta5 is a demanding game to run, even for my hardware. The cpu has to render the whole game, calculate all the ai traffic and pedestrians. Random car and event spawning etc. Beamng has half of the above. And it wasn't a ported console game to pc, unlike gta.

You just can not have high expectations with beamng and those specs.

Your Pentium is faster than my laptops i3 2350m. And I was able to run the game at
    1368x768 low settings at 15-20fps on jungle rock island with intel hd 3000 as graphics. Which means its also faster than my friends amd a8 6410 apu in his laptop. Its not a slow CPU, but you can't have high expectations for it.

https://cpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Intel-Pentium-G2020-vs-Intel-Core-i3-2350M/m3604vsm934

I haven't tested it again in a long time, as I use my desktop for gaming rather than my laptop. 4gbs of ram isn't a lot these days for windows 10, especially gaming. 8gbs is the minimum now, while 16gb is the recommended. You can get away with 8gbs of ram, even 6gbs of ram. I still have 8gbs of ram in my pc. I haven't had the money to buy more ram, because 8gbs is plenty as long as you have nothing open in the background. You will hit the page file quick with 4gbs of ram. And that's where all your performance would go if you had a powerful enough laptop/pc to notice it.

If you (the OP) or anyone needs any tech help, feel free to ask me. I'm pretty knowledgeable when it comes to hardware and pcs.

#8 Sparks4, Oct 24, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2018
    • Informative Informative x 1
  9. AnIrishDerp

AnIrishDerp
    Expand Collapse

If the processor has overclocking, you should try to do that since it will most likely boost performance. You will also need 4 more GBs of RAM since that's the minimal amount of RAM required. You could pick up a GTX 960 or even something as low as the GT 780 for the graphics. I've seen someone run Beam pretty well with the 960 as a GPU.

10. C747

C747
    Expand Collapse

IDK, i feel (sort of) comfortable with the 4GBs and i want to buy a GPU(Found a nice one on Amazon: $86 and it has 4GB VRAM, a GTX 960 i think). And hardware technicians which know how to manipulate CORRECTLY a computer's hardware(and that doesn't rob the whole of it. Lol) are hard to find. I want badly that GPU, but my shitty economical situation can't allow me to. SOMEHOW ran DIRT 4:
    Minimal Requirements:
    • CPU: Intel Core i3-530 2.9 GHz or AMD FX-4100 3.6 GHz
    • RAM: 4 GB System Memory
    • GPU RAM: 1 GB Video Memory
    • GPU: Nvidia GeForce GT 440 or AMD Radeon HD 5570 1024MB
    • DX: DirectX 11
    • HDD: 50 GB available space
    EDIT: Is a GT 730(4VRAM) any good?

#10 C747, Nov 23, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 23, 2018
  11. Jetpackturtle

Jetpackturtle
    Expand Collapse

A GT 730 is one of the worst GPU's today.

12. C747

C747
    Expand Collapse

Sheesh
    I'd better stick to lag...

13. Jetpackturtle

Jetpackturtle
    Expand Collapse

If you look on Ebay, try to find a AMD HD 7870 for sale. They draw massive power, but are quite cheap and powerful today. Just make sure your PSU can take it as they can easily draw over 120 watts.

14. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

Graphics tend to be heavier than physics on CPU in BeamNG, unless you spawn lot of cars of course.

With enough low graphics settings that can be of course helped quite a bit.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice