Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Quotation, Aug 4, 2013.
I was looking through the menus but im not sure if you can change vehicle color. Can you?
For now the only way is to open the materials.cs in the vehicle's folder and edit diffuseColor = "1 1 1 1" of the main vehicle's material (usually first in the file)
It's RGBA, so "1 0 0 1" would be pure red.
Lol, sorry for asking but what does the A in RGBA stand for? Is it something to do with the saturation of the color or something like that? Just wondering.
All-white Police version of the Grand Marshal, here i come!
I hope we'll get proper lightbars with correct flash patterns, because otherwise this game would get it's first bad score
I played a lot with the colors and if you put 55 well its going to be bright so play around with 0 and one example 0.5
Is there a way to reduce the reflectiveness? I played around with soem values, but nothing seemed to have an effect on the streaks the skybox was painting on the side of the car.
Is there a way to make a colour darker? (E.G. dark red) I've been fiddling with it for a while, haven't found anything that makes it darker
Use Microsoft Paint or any other program that spits out RGB values, and divide the value by 255.
A dark-red value I quickly picked out gave me RGB values of 119,0,3 - now divide each of these by 255 and here's your dark red in the proper format:
I found developer way for this - material editor works fine for editing car paint (Tint) (Editor generally great!)
I tried to describe the process as easy as possible - for everyone to understand
=== So to change the painting of car do the following:
- Backup (Copy\Save) folder of your car (just in case - if all fails you can return original files)
(its mean - just copy folder of car like "Pickup" in "Vehicles" folder..)
- load BeamNG_Drive and some level (for example "Grid") - image
- (important step) move the car forward and stop (On random distance)
- press F11 - this will open the editor - image
- if you hold left mouse button and move it - you will see that it gives the selection (like on your desktop)
Select center of your car - if you do it right - you will see that "1 object is selected" and some information will appear in window
- Now press F4 of click "Material editor" Button - on the right you will see the material editor -
if the car is selected - material editor displays Material settings of this car
- Now select the desired part of the car - for example pickup "body"
- then change "layer" of material - on "Layer 2"
- and finaly - click on color square in "base texture map" section - and choose any color (Tint) you like
kaBOOM Pink Buttstalion style is done - in real-time with visible color selector instead of numbers
* if you want save it - then click save button
(WARNING - if you remove the reflection then return it will be difficult)
* you also can remove or change texture for reflection
- Then you can change camera mode on "player camera" and press F11 for return to game - or restart BeamNG Drive
- material will be saved forever - even after restart BeamNG Drive
- Each car (model) has its own unique material
- Dont change name of material - it loading with car by name
- if you not move car from start point - it can be difficult for select - (you can move car in editor too)
- if you accidentally broke stuff - you can recover files of original car (Remember the first step from the top? "Backup \ copy \ save")
- also i think you can just spawn any car and change any material \
also creat new copy of materials or cars (make your new own set(skin\model) of car)
- and you can change "camera mode" for convenience - but do not forget change the mode back on "player camera" then all done
change camera mode - click on human icon - then click on "free camera" mode - camera will move somewhere like this
do not be afraid - press and hold down right button of the mouse on the screen - and together try to press A \ W \ S \ D buttons
now try hold down right button and move mouse - so you can move the camera free
you also can use mouse wheel fror "zoom" and middle mouse button for "pan"
ps. hope it will be helpful
and I hope in the future appears simple skin-manager for novice users \ players
or just hot-key directly on material-editor with selected player car (it will be awesome in-game without loading editor)
Thanks man, that helped me a lot.
(I forgot to reply with a quote)
This works for me with every other car than the Marshall. For some reason when i respawn it, it just changes back to it's default grey colour. And yes, i did save the material.
yes its strange - i dont know why it load from material.cs file but don want save changes on "fullsize" material
"police_decal" for example saved color change
any way - you still can choose some color tint setting in layer 2 of "fullzise"
just copy (RGB) number from color-picker
then open "BeamNG DRIVE 0.3\vehicles\fullsize\materials.cs" materials file on this car
and paste numbers in "fullsize material section - in diffuseColor line" like this
save this file - after this you already can just reset car in game - it will read script file of materials (with your settings)
car will spawn with fresh seved settings - of course it will be.. FOREVEEEER khm khm..
The answer is in the post you quoted.
Red Green Blue Alpha
1 = full colour
0 = no colour
1 0 0 1 is pure red (1R 0G and B)
To get darker try decimals.
0,2 0 0 1 and you should get a darker red.
That's how it works.
EDIT - Oh well, replied to an "old" post..
Nadeox1: its ok : ]
also reflection cube-map (Textures) make car a little brighter and add some blue tint (if default sky reflection)
for dark tone - possible change reflection preset on something like "gray sky" or "night sky"
it add some nice reflection \ specular \ gloss feel
but if you ever need to return the original preset - it must be replaced manually in script file (marerials.cs)
I REGRET NOTHING
i think if this is going to be added in as an update there shouldnt be predetermined but you should include a palette somewhat like this:
the box area not the other parts
I can't even find that. Where is it at?