Is it possible to have two terrain blocks?

Discussion in 'Content Creation' started by Dead Reckon, Aug 24, 2014.

1. Dead Reckon

Dead Reckon
    Expand Collapse

When I try to add two terrain blocks, one becomes non-solid, the vehicle just passes through it, is there any fix for this? Furthermore, the ground plane isn't solid if the terrain dips under it, again, fix?

2. Autofan

Autofan
    Expand Collapse

I did successfully incorporate 4 terrain blocks in a single level with the instruction of a T3D forum post. It saved and worked every time, took a while to load though and I had some texturing issues. It's possible but not really the right way to do it.

If you would like, I can try to find that T3D forum post.

3. Dummiesman

Dummiesman
    Expand Collapse

I am also interested in reading that post.

4. Dead Reckon

Dead Reckon
    Expand Collapse

Well, that isn't the news I was hoping to hear, I wanted to make several interconnected islands. Oh well, I guess I'll just wait until this is a possibility and make something else I was thinking of.

5. WeatherWonders

WeatherWonders
    Expand Collapse

It is possible to have two or more terrain blocks, but if any terrain block is modified or created the collision will go away, but reloading the map will bring it back. So if you are editing any terrain block and want to test the map, just save and reload it.

No idea how to fix the plane issue though.

6. Chernobyl

Chernobyl
    Expand Collapse

n00b question. What are terrain blocks?

7. WeatherWonders

WeatherWonders
    Expand Collapse

A terrain block is actually a plane that you can place into a custom map and deform it to make hills, cliffs, sinkholes, etc.
    you can make it go beneath water and pull up chunks of land to make an island. Then you "paint" on what you want certain areas of the ground to be, like sand, grass, rock, and mud.

So it is just ground. if you go into it you will actually be under it as it is a 2D surface shaped to be 3D.
    Hopefully that made sense. :)

8. Chernobyl

Chernobyl
    Expand Collapse

Thanks for that :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice