1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice
  3. Before reporting issues or bugs, please check the up-to-date Bug Reporting Thread for the current version.
    0.30 Bug Reporting thread
    Solutions and more information may already be available.

Is It Possible To Push Start

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting: Bugs, Questions and Support' started by Rollover, Dec 21, 2012.

1. Rollover

Rollover
    Expand Collapse

I was wondering if it would be possible to push start a car in this game. I don't think it would take much work to make it possible, though I'm no game designer. I think it would be a nice feature if your battery dies or starter goes out or you just feel like making things more difficult.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Mad-Alex

Mad-Alex
    Expand Collapse

Yes it's possible, some hardwork on coding and battery/starter will be simulated realistically. But as for "Push Start", it will be possible if other car will push the broken one, because each car in the game simulated with N/B structure, and only mobile objects can interact with it, so the character "if any will be in the game" must be simulated with N/B too, otherwise it will not be able to interact with a vehicle.

3. Cwazywazy

Cwazywazy
    Expand Collapse

its sorta possible in ror actually. the engine will rev but it wont actually start until you tap the engine starter button.

4. Hati

Hati
    Expand Collapse

its possible to do it in RoR. You have to get the car upto a massively dangerous speed but you can do it. I did it accidentally while pushing a car up to the highest speed I could in order to PIT it.

5. Cwazywazy

Cwazywazy
    Expand Collapse

hmm. for me if you turn the ignition on (so the battery light is on) and put it in gear then drag it/go downhill the engine will rev at the same speed it would be if actually driving but the engine wont actually "start" until i tap the s key so if i dont the engine will stop when the car does.

6. Hati

Hati
    Expand Collapse

dunno, I did it to the Mitsubishi space wagon a couple of times. Haven't tried it on other cars, its just that the space wagon is nice and flippy and dents easily.

7. atv_123

atv_123
    Expand Collapse

In RoR 4.0.4 when you are coasting down a hill and pop the clutch, the engine will actually fire up without pressing the S key now... its actually pretty sweet :D

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice