Is RoR still widely used?

Discussion in 'Other Games' started by loba04, Apr 30, 2019.

1. loba04

loba04
    Expand Collapse

i recently was fumbling on youtube and i see a why be are video showing RoR. so, for funzies, i went on the website and in the repository there are still new-ish mods. what are the differences in modding between these two games and are there any advantages in modding for one or the other. I'm not shure of putting this thread here or in the general discussion section so let me know if it's not right here. (sorry for bad english: not my first language)

2. default0.0player

default0.0player
    Expand Collapse

If your computer cannot handle beamng you may play RoR

3. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

I think that it goes other way around, BeamNG is so highly optimized that if you have any kind of dedicated GPU BeamNG probably runs better as long as appropriate graphics settings are used.

I got like 10fps on ROR when I attempted it with max graphics quality, then I did try to lower graphics quality, but I could not get it to run much better without graphics looking really poor.

4. loba04

loba04
    Expand Collapse

RoR likes 32-bit CPUs, i tested it with an old computer with a core duo and an nvidia Qudro of the time (2007) and got 70-80 fps on medium settings

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. Cool12345

Cool12345
    Expand Collapse

That is because RoR was from before 2010. It was from 2005, when most people were still using Windows XP which is 32-bit.

6. 98crownvic

98crownvic
    Expand Collapse

RoR is interesting performance wise. When I had my crappy Dell (32 bit), I could get roughly 40 FPS on medium-lowish settings. With a computer many times more powerful than that, the performance isn’t much better.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice