1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice

Is there a way to turn up physics?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by BeatPlay, Jan 5, 2018.

1. BeatPlay

BeatPlay
    Expand Collapse

I basically want to turn up the physics framerate or resolution/precission, is there a way to do that?

I would like to use something like 4000 FPS instead of the 2000FPS and maybe 1,5x to 2x the resolution/precission

2. Taza

Taza
    Expand Collapse

no

Simulation rate can't be changed (easily at least), but you could jbeam parts with more nodes. Both require much work. Currently I think this isn't worth the work, but maybe some modder in the future will spend months of their lives to make higher quality fenders. Who knows.

3. atv_123

atv_123
    Expand Collapse

Just out of sheer curiosity... why do you want to do this?

4. estama

estama
    Expand Collapse
    Developer
    BeamNG Team

There is no way to do it outside of recompiling the whole physics core. The problem of allowing something like this is that there is a trade-of between configurability and performance. The more configurable you make a piece of software the more you loose from performance.

The physics core goes to great lengths to permit the level of configurability that we already have. The problem with the physics framerate is that it permeates everything in a physics core. So making it configurable would have had affected everything in the core, increasing the complexity of it.

Having said above, i don't preclude having it configurable for a future version of the physics core. Also, even tho it isn't configurable right now, we are mindful with code that depends on the physics framerate, to keep this code framerate independent.

5. BeatPlay

BeatPlay
    Expand Collapse

Because the game on stock only uses about 10% of my CPU and i wanted to see how it looks

6. Ulrich

Ulrich
    Expand Collapse

Only 10%? What on earth is your CPU?

7. atv_123

atv_123
    Expand Collapse

Is that combined or just on one core? I ask because my overall usage is also very low, but I also have 24 cores to play with... so with one car, I have about 45 to 50 percent on that one core and then the rest are almost 0... that evens out to a very low average CPU usage.

8. workclock1©

workclock1©
    Expand Collapse

Improve physics? when i read the title of this thread, i thought that you meant by "can i improve BeamNG Physics"

nope, i was wrong.

9. BeatPlay

BeatPlay
    Expand Collapse

The new Extreme Edition Intel

The game seems to use two cores in my case (kernel times differ on those two compared to other cores) so I took the middle of those two cores only

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice