Is this laptop good for beam.ng?

Discussion in 'Computer Hardware' started by calvin1390, Apr 19, 2019.

1. calvin1390

calvin1390
    Expand Collapse

Specs: Windows 10 AMD Quad-core ab-7410 APU 4GB system memory
    15.6 diagonal HD touchscreen 500 GB This computer is a HP in the 15 family of models its colored black. It has a hdd

2. Alex [ITA]

Alex [ITA]
    Expand Collapse

No dedicated GPU = extremely low performance in games.
    That AMD APU is not powerful and 4Gb of ram is quite low to game.
    So, to answer your question: no, that laptop is not good for BeamNG. You can expect around 20/25 Fps in the gridmap/other small or not detailed maps at minimum settings at 720p if you're lucky, but I don't consider that a playable experience.

3. calvin1390

calvin1390
    Expand Collapse

What graphics settings will make it run good
    --- Post updated ---
    I will post a pic of the computer im on with a cellphone then i will plug it in this

4. Alex [ITA]

Alex [ITA]
    Expand Collapse

You basically can't run the game well on that machine.
    20/25 fps is not a pleasant experience. If you want to "game" on it, put everything on lowest, disable shadows, grass and reflections.

5. calvin1390

calvin1390
    Expand Collapse

I dont want to be off topic but i cant post a pic because i dont have a sd adapter for the sd in my samsung to clear out the photos so i can put a new photo on it so i can put it on this and post it. NOTE: Its a slide phone and i dont mean micro sd i mean a sd itself not a small one

6. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

No.

Technically none of modern laptops is good for BeamNG, some top of the line models are okay at best, but still not very good because laptops are not designed for heavy computing.

Desktop would outperform laptop with a lot less cost.

With laptops there is advertised performance and then what they can do in practice, because laptops throttle so easily when working hard, they are not very good option for this game, their performance is there only in theory, in practice they fall quite bit behind of desktops in heavy computing use.

7. calvin1390

calvin1390
    Expand Collapse

Soon im gonna get a Windows XP desktop. Its a dell inspiron desktop but it was at a relatives house and they are gonna give me it but i dont know its specs but it has random photos on it but i cant see it because its all the way in tennese and im in ohio
    --- Post updated ---
    Not sure if its a good computer but i might upgrade its os to windows 7

8. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

Windows XP computer might become quite slow with Windows 7 as that is much heavier OS to run and Windows XP era PCs are not usually running this game very well. Being a dell, it might not be quite standard either.

9. Alex [ITA]

Alex [ITA]
    Expand Collapse

Just buy second hand hardware (3rd/4th gen i5 - 8Gb of ddr3 ram - a GTX 700 series gpu (exclude the 750/750Ti that aren't that powerful anymore)) and you can build a good desktop pc for quite cheap.

• Like Like x 1
  10. calvin1390

calvin1390
    Expand Collapse

i dont even know how to make a computer
    --- Post updated ---
    it looks hard
    --- Post updated ---
    then i would need to buy windows get a product key and waste money on hard ware problems

11. A Turbocharged Turbocharger

A Turbocharged Turbocharger
    Expand Collapse

you don't need a windows product key
    building a pc is easy if you have a general understanding of the parts
    You will spend more money fixing a prebuilt because the si will take a cut of the $$

12. Jetpackturtle

Jetpackturtle
    Expand Collapse

Yea dude, it sounds like none of those computers will come even close to cutting it. You're gonna need to assemble a new computer, it'll be around 350 dollars minimum for something that will last.

13. Michaelflat

Michaelflat
    Expand Collapse

30fps on lowest settings 1024x768 and simplified collisions.. that's my guess anyway...

assembling a computer like Jetpackturtle said is the cheapest way to get BeamNG running.. (or upgrade an old cheap office pc)
    but if you really want a laptop for BeamNG then i recommend one with a new CPU (quad core and above) intel or AMD Ryzen (no other amd cpu) and a GPU of sorts (MX150 / amd ryzen integrated is just about adequate)... this will get you decent 720p beamNG.. 1080p you will need a GTX 1050 and beyond.. Laptops aren't upgradable though, and thus in 5 years or so, the laptop probably won't be able to run the games at the high settings anymore, so you need to drop settings, making it feel slower..

14. Jetpackturtle

Jetpackturtle
    Expand Collapse

Yeah, the cheapest I've gone is an upgraded Optiplex 390... 150 dollars for an i5, RX 460, EVGA 450BR and 4GB of RAM. Ran Beam fine at low settings.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. A Turbocharged Turbocharger

Expand Collapse

Hey is your craptop a dell latitude. Found one of these lying around in my parent's attic

16. Jetpackturtle

Jetpackturtle
    Expand Collapse

No, it's an Acer Aspire

17. A Turbocharged Turbocharger

Expand Collapse

Oh. Interesting, the latitude has basically the same specs

• Like Like x 1
  18. calvin1390

calvin1390
    Expand Collapse

That's way too much money!! I have some cell phones lying around but they aint related to this and they aint smartphones.

19. Jetpackturtle

Jetpackturtle
    Expand Collapse

Sorry man, that's just what you need to cut low settings.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice