Is this website safe?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Destructionater, Oct 31, 2020.

1. Destructionater

Destructionater
    Expand Collapse

It seems like a meshslap of world of mods website but with Beamng all over it. It is safe?: https://beamngdrivemods.com/ If you don't know if it is safe don't download anything.

2. MrJavelin

MrJavelin
    Expand Collapse

That's another bootleg site. The best place to get mods is here.

• Agree Agree x 11
  3. Deleted member 197136

Deleted member 197136
    Expand Collapse

Only download from the forums. Don’t bother with any other site.

• Agree Agree x 7
  4. Destructionater

Destructionater
    Expand Collapse

Ok, i have downloaded something from there, was no virus it was just a bit laggy. Still don't download anything from there as i assumed.

5. fordman3254

fordman3254
    Expand Collapse

Anything outside of this site is usually filled with meshslap mods and general poor quality mods. Your best bet would be to download mods from here. I've seen a lot of great mods released here as a whole, and a few of them I use every time I play BeamNG.

It's in your best interest to stick to BeamNG's official website and Forums page (including the repository), as other sites have sketchy intentions too.

• Agree Agree x 5
  6. Destructionater

Destructionater
    Expand Collapse

I already know that and I have 100 mods from repo and forums, but it still interests me why Beamng crash videos include these cars. Most likely for more realism to add to the video, but the crashes still look cool too. And if you do want irl cars get the Agents Mod pack since its public on his video cause wom put on their website.

7. MrJavelin

MrJavelin
    Expand Collapse

Some Youtubers use meshslaps as clickbait to get views.

• Agree Agree x 6
  8. Destructionater

Destructionater
    Expand Collapse

Yea, but the 2000 S4 is a mod I've always wanted cause my dad has one irl. A B5 Audi S4, is a old meshslap that's gained a reputation pretty well on bootleg websites. If anyone ever made a reop friendly version of the car it would be my fav car for now on.

9. P_enta

P_enta
    Expand Collapse

dont its supporting ilegal activity

10. themodmaker9

themodmaker9
    Expand Collapse

please don't support these websites, watching enough BeamNGTV on Youtube would explain why, they crash horribly

11. P_enta

P_enta
    Expand Collapse

Also they pirate models from video games, using them without permission when they aren’t marked under fair use. It isn’t even legal.

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. themodmaker9

themodmaker9
    Expand Collapse

They do steal meshes from games like Forza Motorsport or Asetto Corsa, there's an F40 mod video in a thread about quality versus low quality mods and it has been determined that the mesh is stolen from Asetto Corsa

13. P_enta

P_enta
    Expand Collapse

Yeah you can’t legally do thst without asking the creator. Giving credit isn’t enough afiak

14. Agent_Y

Agent_Y
    Expand Collapse

Or Beam-Monsters.com if you want monster truck mods. That website is safe too, just requires registering / login, and you have to be careful not to check any checkmarks that will send you ads on email. It's safe because they don't steal mods but original creators upload them there. Correct me if I said something wrong.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Destructionater

Destructionater
    Expand Collapse

Neilogical made a video on bootleg mods. It was funny to see the vehicle do that spike crash thing. Just reminds me of 2013-2015 beamng videos when it did that.

16. Phym

Phym
    Expand Collapse

...And then he continues to make a video where he praises shitty bootleg mods.

• Agree Agree x 4
  17. TechnicolorDalek

TechnicolorDalek
    Expand Collapse

as long as you aren't clicking on ads, don't download exes, and beamng doesn't have any remote code execution exploits, you're perfectly safe.

you have all imposed your morals on this man without answering his question. you are all sinners.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. cars.com

cars.com
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

yeah these are the same guys that own farming2015mods.com they basically steal mods from other good sites and some how fuck them up and upload it to theirs.

19. MrJavelin

MrJavelin
    Expand Collapse

I'm just saying, this place is the best place to get high-quality mods, and Beam Monsters seems to be the best place to get monster truck mods. As for other sites, the mods there tend to be stolen, broken, low quality, or even contain viruses. I'm not saying it's completely out of the question you'll find a diamond in the garbage, but still, I wouldn't call BeamNG Drive Mods or World of Mods the number one place to get mods. As for the "you're all sinners" part, just no. Are you sure you're still an all-around great guy?

20. TechnicolorDalek

TechnicolorDalek
    Expand Collapse

none of that answers the question he posed.

you are banned from stack exchange.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice