Is this website safe?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Destructionater, Oct 31, 2020.

1. A&T Wenger

A&T Wenger
    Expand Collapse

Oh wait nm, those were leaked mods.

#41 A&T Wenger, Nov 1, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2020
  2. _Diamond_Coal_

_Diamond_Coal_
    Expand Collapse

Most mods that arent meshslaps are just stolen from here. Have some respect to mod creators, whose hard work being reuploaded and dont download from crappy sites

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. Zecoolest8

Zecoolest8
    Expand Collapse

I know it Isn't a good mod. I only download them because I want more vehicles.
    --- Post updated ---
    I still put credit, when i download a stolen mod i always think about who made it. i only download stolen mods there because they're hard to find on the beamng site.

And why would you think i made the mod standard go down? I'm just one of the members! Maybe get your mind checked.

4. Agent_Y

Agent_Y
    Expand Collapse

Using leaked mods is disrespectful to the original authors and morally wrong
    I'm pretty sure this is not allowed here

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Zecoolest8

Zecoolest8
    Expand Collapse

I don't mean at once.

6. _Diamond_Coal_

_Diamond_Coal_
    Expand Collapse

even with credits its still disrespectful. Creators of those sites are just making money out of somebody's work

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Dee_Dop

Dee_Dop
    Expand Collapse

bro i hope you get banned off here lulz, you admitted to using stolen mods and without a care. you even link people to the site that steal from the creators. what a knob

8. Zecoolest8

Zecoolest8
    Expand Collapse

Hey I thought the original creators made the money, I'll stop downloading from there I guess. Didn't mean to make this an argument thread.

9. Agent_Y

Agent_Y
    Expand Collapse

Yeah, someone makes a free mod and doesn't get any money from it, then those people just still his work and make money from it, it's really unfair. If you don't download these mods you are kinda helping original authors because the thieves earn less money from their work.

10. Dee_Dop

Dee_Dop
    Expand Collapse

nope, you're wrong and i bet you wont stop because youre a scum and stop linking trash sites dippy

11. Zecoolest8

Zecoolest8
    Expand Collapse

I said i'll stop downloading from there. I know 2nd hand sites were bad, but not this bad.
    --- Post updated ---
    I said, I'd stop downloading.

12. Agent_Y

Agent_Y
    Expand Collapse

BRUH.
    It wouldn't be called stealing if they actually gave the money to the original authors. They obviously don't.

13. Zecoolest8

Zecoolest8
    Expand Collapse

Can we shut up?

14. A&T Wenger

A&T Wenger
    Expand Collapse

Hey guys, Zecoolest8 has already said over and over again that he won't download those mods.

15. Zecoolest8

Zecoolest8
    Expand Collapse

Exactly. I've been noticing about the mods that I've seen threads about recently, and I'm sorry for downloading them. I never should've.

I'll delete my Modland.net mods as soon as I can.

Here's my care menu btw- Most of them aren't stolen mods or from Modland. menu3.png menu1.png menu2.png

#55 Zecoolest8, Nov 1, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2020
  16. Phym

Phym
    Expand Collapse

Some meshlaps in fact, can be good. With enough effort of course. The 1982 Chevy Silverado is so close to the D series, that making a new jbeam would be useless. Then there’s actually editing a jbeam, which makes the mod not technically a meshlap. I would not recommend downloading from sketchy websites though.
    --- Post updated ---
    Mate, please grow some braincells. Why on earth would you go to an obviously sketchy website, download some crappy(maybe broken) meshlaps so you can get ReAl KeRrS. Again, some meshlaps can turn out good, but if you want a high quality mod, please just ask or do it yourself. There is no need to go onto sketchy websites.

This thread, which is on a topic beaten so much, has just become some kindergarteners screaming at each other.

The TLDR is that this website is safe, and don’t go downloading random mods that are probably shit. If you want a real car in Beam, then just ask for one to be made. You may have to pay, but the end result you may get would be so much better than what you would’ve gotten from a sketchy website.

• Agree Agree x 3
  17. Zecoolest8

Zecoolest8
    Expand Collapse

I said we would stop discussing this. So stop, I don't want ANOTHER argument.

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. Agent_Y

Agent_Y
    Expand Collapse

I wrote that much eariler but my Internet uploaded the message with delay
    At this point I agree we should stop, we all mostly agree on the topic so there's no need to argue anymore

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Phym

Phym
    Expand Collapse

I just added a TLDR, no need to stop.

20. Zecoolest8

Zecoolest8
    Expand Collapse

I have another person that agrees. Anyone else?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice