1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice
  3. Before reporting issues or bugs, please check the up-to-date Bug Reporting Thread for the current version.
    0.30 Bug Reporting thread
    Solutions and more information may already be available.

Issue With Textures When Porting Assets From one Map to Another

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting: Bugs, Questions and Support' started by Cory5503, May 22, 2020.

1. Cory5503

Cory5503
    Expand Collapse

Hello,
    First and foremost, I should mention that I am completely foreign to map creation and I'm solely using the world editor and pre existing assets from official BeamNG levels.

I recently began doing some editing to East Coast, USA for my personal use. I am attempting to port assets from other levels to ECA for a greater variety in buildings and such. While I have successfully been able to port the "art" folder from WCA and Hirochi Raceway to ECA, I have had just the opposite luck with Utah and Small Island. When I attempt to copy and paste either one of their art folders into ECA, the roof textures from the sawmill, as well as the textures for the box on top of the gas station convenience stores are missing.
    upload_2020-5-22_1-14-18.png upload_2020-5-22_1-14-50.png
    I have been copying the "art" folder from the stated levels above and pasting it into my "documents/BeamNG.drive/levels/east_coast_usa" folder. This is the folder where edits made with the map editor save to.
    upload_2020-5-22_1-5-52.png upload_2020-5-22_1-7-37.png
    From what I've found by myself so far, it seems that obviously there is a texture shared between the assets from Utah/Small Island and ECA, which happens to be the rusty, corrugated metal-looking texture used on the roof of the sawmill and box on top of the gas station convenience stores. When I delete the main.materials file from "art/shapes/buildings", the missing textures on the ECA assets immediately come back, however then obviously any assets from Utah/Small Island have no textures. What would be the best way to go about fixing this? Thanks!

#1 Cory5503, May 22, 2020
    Last edited: May 22, 2020
  2. SGaben99

SGaben99
    Expand Collapse

Hi! Found any solutions? I am running into the same issue

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice