WIP Jaguar XJ13(New photo)28/02/2018

Discussion in 'Land' started by gianpiero, Sep 12, 2016.

1. gianpiero

gianpiero
    Expand Collapse

Guys, but it's been over a year ... I asked him to release at least a beta or a pre-alpha

2. Jota3214™

Jota3214™
    Expand Collapse

But same bro, I'm impatient too with this beautiful car, but, atv_123 is very busy with work projects and the Brutus B1 :)
    And we have to wait, I know that feeling tho :(

3. opkraut

opkraut
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

Unfortunately, there's not much you can do about that. Have you tried actually talking to him about it instead of making a public ultimatum? Your reaction was very childish and is only going to make people less likely to work with you in the future.

4. gianpiero

gianpiero
    Expand Collapse

Of course I talked to them
    I did not ask him much, but only a first release ...

5. IAchievedBacon

IAchievedBacon
    Expand Collapse

A leader's main role is to communicate. That's how projects and businesses work. Communication is KEY.

6. Jota3214™

Jota3214™
    Expand Collapse

Agree, heh ;)

7. gianpiero

gianpiero
    Expand Collapse

I communicated!

8. Inertia

Inertia
    Expand Collapse

i can just imagine the PM
    "atv123 do mod or else!!!111!1!1!!1
    i cant mod so do everything but it was my idea to steal this model first so i still take credit : )()(()(("

Get over yourself.

• Like Like x 1
  9. gianpiero

gianpiero
    Expand Collapse

He has given me no more guarantees and no screen to show me that he is working on it.

10. IAchievedBacon

IAchievedBacon
    Expand Collapse

I said he's also working on the Brutus B1 and dealing with real life stuff. Do you have common sense my boi.
    lol:p

11. Inertia

Inertia
    Expand Collapse

The day when you actually work on a mod will be very interesting

and also extremely unlikely to happen

12. Jota3214™

Jota3214™
    Expand Collapse

Wow, roasted

13. IAchievedBacon

IAchievedBacon
    Expand Collapse

Honestly I would like to know what you have done with this mod. And don't lie.

14. Billydabomb

Billydabomb
    Expand Collapse

He also has been helping out with a few other mods, I know one of those is the frame to the gavril-d series nascar, there may be a bit more focus on other things at the time or is trying to even everything out with enough free time of his own. I wouldn't want to be working on something that involves a lot of patience 24/7 unless I had nothing at all to do.

15. atv_123

atv_123
    Expand Collapse

Ok, let me start off by saying I slowed this to a crawl was because of...

A. My busy work schedule.
    B. Getting a new computer (posted about that some time ago, yes I have it now and just recently upgraded the graphics card within the last month so that I could use BeamNG again)
    C. Bettering my skills to match the model quality.

Yes I have temporary side projects at the moment, but they have a purpose. I quickly realized, after digging deep into the model, the attention to detail that the original creator put into this model is completely insane. For instance... every single rivet on the body is not just bump mapped... they are individually modeled... every... single... one. Everything in this model is expertly crafted by someone who took the time and care of a true artist and poured their heart and soul into this car.

That being said, naturally, I wouldn't be satisfied unless I too could craft this level of skill and detail into the JBeam as well. I needed to "GIT GUD" and there is only one really good way to do that. Practice. I needed to be able to regurgitate a JBeam off the cuff without even having to look up anything. I needed to be able to naturally understand every parameter, option, slot, type, you name it. I needed to not only be good. I need to be great. I needed to be as good with BeamNG as I used to be with RoR.

Granted, I am still learning stuff all the time seeing as new features keep getting added or old features get updated which then required me to relearn some things. That's a little annoying, but that's what you get when you mod a pre-alpha (or are we in beta now? I dunno) game. Things are going to get updated and change which will require some relearning, but any of us that make mods for this game know that when taking up the gauntlet. Things are liable to change and some of those things can be mod breaking. So I am not complaining in the slightest, just know that that does make things a bit more difficult.

Now, that being said, I think I have reached (or at least gotten quite close) to attaining that level of skill since I last left an update on this page. I can make things at almost the drop of a hat now (go ahead and take a look at the Brutus B1 page, that's just one of them) and have learned a ton by helping with that mod. I think I am ready to possibly give this another go (no, I will not be scrapping what I already did... what I did was fine, but as you saw from before, it took me forever in between updates to even make miniscule amounts of progress. Partly due to time constraints, but also partly due to my lack of skills. Now, I still have the same time constraints, but I can make tons more progress in far less time. Granted, this mod has been sitting on the backburner for a rather long time and I can see your anger.

Now, before we start throwing names around and angrily shouting the people have been doing nothing, gianpiero did do quite a lot by the time I got to this mod already. He imported all the models into the game and wrote up the entire materials file (or at least I assume you did) which, for this model, is quite frankly absolutely huge. Official vehicles can't even lay a finger on the size of that materials file. This is huge for me, because that means I can just throw the name of the mesh I want into the JBeam and presto, it pops up in the game perfectly shaded and has materials on it already every time. I don't have to do a thing with the mesh. Its beautiful. This may not sound like a lot, but with someone who is struggling to understand how material files work in Beam (I honestly can't seem to wrap my head around it) it is huge.

Now, as for me not responding for two days (or however long its been since you messaged me), on Saturday I was on the road for 8 hours... not a whole lot I can do there... ended up breaking down on the side of the road and having to do a little bit of repair work in a Snowstorm, and on Sunday, I was with my family all day till about 11PM. So no, I was not online this weekend.

Tell you guys what... I am busy on Monday and Wednesday this week, and possibly Thursday. That being said though, I can upload another update this week... If you want me to prove that I am still working on this, I can do that. This week is tight, like I said, but I am better, faster, stronger (not stronger, but it sounds good)than I was before so I should be able to release something. How's about that... does that sound good? Also, I am not going to release a Beta right now as it is not even in Beta state... it would be completely pointless. Progress update, yes, but a Beta? Not yet... at least let me get the body on it first, or else your not getting very much.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Jota3214™

Jota3214™
    Expand Collapse

Heh, I knew you were busy, you're good at making this with @gianpiero, heh ;)

17. gianpiero

gianpiero
    Expand Collapse

Brother I do not want to fight or even hurry ... but understand me the time passes, at least a screen to give a guarantee to people that this project still lives ... I ask you a lot?

And yes, I've done a lot with the mesh and the materials, people are only good to judge.

18. Jota3214™

Jota3214™
    Expand Collapse

Yeah, I know, people nowdays judge too much tho, I wonder how long you tooked with materials tho bro, if @atv_123 says that materials.cs is huge, how many time you tooked with materials work? :Thonk:

19. gianpiero

gianpiero
    Expand Collapse

4 days in a row and they are not even finished :(

20. Jota3214™

Jota3214™
    Expand Collapse

Yeah, I know :(

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice