Unsolved jbea editing

Discussion in 'Mod Support' started by i.want.to.mod, Dec 18, 2019.

1. i.want.to.mod

i.want.to.mod
    Expand Collapse

Greetings! I am trying to make a modern suvwith a model i created. I am having trouble though. I am trying to edit the etk800_body_wagon. I made it perfect! But it wont show up the way it does in bne editor. Can anyone help me with this please?

2. Risky

Risky
    Expand Collapse

What I do is adjust the JBeam using the BNeditor, then "save as" and manually copy all the node and beam positions to the JBeam file of the part you're working on using Notepad++.

I also tried to do it directly using only BNeditor to adjust the skeleton and save the JBeam file directly, but that just doesn't work anymore. It corrupts the JBeam file.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. i.want.to.mod

i.want.to.mod
    Expand Collapse

i did that and it saves the form fine but in the game it still is the same jbeam form.

4. Risky

Risky
    Expand Collapse

You could try to copy your files to a different map, clear cache and place them back in the correct folder. I have had the same problem more then once.

5. i.want.to.mod

i.want.to.mod
    Expand Collapse

i apologize, im not sure what you mean by "copy your files to a different map". can you please elaborate?

6. Risky

Risky
    Expand Collapse

Mods are normally .zip files which can be found in the Documents/BeamNG.drive/Mods map.

I don't know how you installed your mod, but if it's installed in the /vehicles folder, the game will delete your mod if you clear cache (been there, done that). So if you've installed it in the /vehicles map, I'd recommend to backup your mod in a different map, that's all :)

I hope this makes sense ;-)

7. i.want.to.mod

i.want.to.mod
    Expand Collapse

it does. thank you i will try this.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice