Jbeam Engine Torque Value vs In game

Discussion in 'Content Creation' started by 440cid, Aug 9, 2016.

1. 440cid

440cid
    Expand Collapse

Hi,

I'm currently working on simple engine tuning. I noticed that the amount of torque I inputted in engine jbeam file doesn't match the in game values, e.g.

I input these numbers in the engine jbeam:
    1000 RPM - 300 Nm
    1500 RPM - 350 Nm

What is shown in game is less than that, something like
    1000 RPM - 275 Nm
    1500 RPM - 325 Nm

Figures above are just for illustration. I read somewhere on the forums that BeamNG accounts for internal parts friction, engine braking, etc. so the net torque values are reduced.

The question is, what is the formula used by BeamNG on torque and horsepower calculation with those friction, engine braking, and other output reducing variables accounted?

2. Goosah

Goosah
    Expand Collapse
    Global Moderator
    BeamNG Team

The "flywheel" torque (also displayed by torque curve app) is baseTorque - friction - brakingCoef*engAV, with engineAV in radians per second.

• Like Like x 1
  3. 440cid

440cid
    Expand Collapse

Edit:
    I found out that engAV should be revolutions per second (RPM/60). Inputting radian per second gave me way off values in torque curve app. Many thanks to you now I don't need to guess how much I should add when creating torque curve :)

#3 440cid, Aug 9, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2016
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice