Unsolved Jbeam help ( unstable node )

Discussion in 'Mod Support' started by yannis01186, May 30, 2018.

1. yannis01186

yannis01186
    Expand Collapse

Hello I would like to create my own Jbeam for a mod that I have created. I'm making a porsche 911 jbeam based on the sbr Jbeam ( but heavy modified ) but I have a probleme with the fender part ( that I have add a lot off node ). The probleme is that my node are unstable like we can see in the Screenshot.

Thanks for your help

Attached Files:

• porsche.png
    • porsche_0.png
  2. Nicelittle

Nicelittle
    Expand Collapse

Try to make the jbeam more simple, and try increasing beam strength. For example, the pessima rear arches only have three points on the jbeam and it still crashes amazingly. So keep this in mind, jbeams don’t have to be too complicated as problems arrise and performance on lower spec computers decreases. (Not telling you what you can and cannot do)

3. Ytrewq

Ytrewq
    Expand Collapse

I don't want to sound rude, but you are wrong.

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. Nicelittle

Nicelittle
    Expand Collapse

Ok but performance is affected by amount of nodes ( I have a lower spec pc)

5. Ytrewq

Ytrewq
    Expand Collapse

Official cars already have optimal amount of nodes. His jbeam is based on the SBR4 jbeam.

6. Blijo

Blijo
    Expand Collapse

your problem is probably caused by the "wrong" beam and node values or too many or too few beams. If you have not edited the SBR jbeam, it shouldn't vibrate. If it does, see if the nodes can move sideways (no beams preventing them to move in a certain direction). If they can do that, add a beam to prevent this from happening. If they can't look at your beam values. These are a gigantic pain to get right sometimes. Generally speaking, you want a low (sub 200) beamDamp and a high (1e6 or more) beamspring. If you have really light nodes, like 0.5 or less, things can get weird since your "error margin"(the beam value area in which it is stable) gets more narrow.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice