jbeam sphere deformed on top and bottom

Discussion in 'Content Creation' started by triumph1200, Sep 23, 2019.

1. triumph1200

triumph1200
    Expand Collapse

Hello,
    I am trying to create a dome on top of a vehicle using blender export. The dome collapses at the top after spawning. To narrow down the problem, I created a sphere in blender and exported it to beamng. After a day of playing with the beam and node settings, the top and bottom of the spere still collapse. Any help greatly appreciated.
    --- Post updated ---
    I halved the segments and rings in Blender which stopped the collapse but reduced the smoothness. Any suggestions?

Attached Files:

• dome-beamng.png
  2. Kueso

Kueso
    Expand Collapse

jbeam is not supposed to model how the mesh looks. Its a support structure, and when you make a model, one, that jbeam might be too complicated for a simple ball and cause unecessary strain on your CPU, and it needs to have support beams in the center to support its weight when it moves.

3. triumph1200

triumph1200
    Expand Collapse

I halved the segments and rings in Blender which stopped the collapse but reduced the smooth
    Thank you for the reply. I added support beams in Blender before exporting and the dome works as expected. lesson learned. Thank you.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Kueso

Kueso
    Expand Collapse

glad i could help :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice