Jeep MB

Discussion in 'Community Mods - Archived' started by DesertCanine, Aug 12, 2013.

1. DesertCanine

DesertCanine
    Expand Collapse

I wanted to wait until this has progressed a bit before I posted this as my other project didn't exactly pan out. I'll be attempting to make the Jeep MB, otherwise known as the Willys Jeep.

7tJ0bEH.png

I currently have the frame, shocks, leaf springs, and wheels just about finished. I've gotten the frame to model into the game, but am having issues with getting everything else into it as well. Basically, every other mesh aside from the frame isn't appearing. If anyone knows how to get the peripherals into the game, like wheels, it help would greatly be appreciated. In the meantime, I'll continue with finishing the model.

Latest update: The model is 98% done. I'm going to release the mesh that I currently have built for anyone to use. The mesh is officially open source now, tear it apart, build on it, cherry pick from it, I don't mind. You do not need permission from me, and I don't need any credit.

Critiques, advice, and criticism on the actual model would be nice for future builds.

Attached Files:

#1 DesertCanine, Aug 12, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 4, 2014
  2. phenomenalx

phenomenalx
    Expand Collapse

Awesome. I'd love to see this in game :) Great work.

3. asad1234

asad1234
    Expand Collapse

that would be awesome in game :)

4. rrrrrrrrr9

rrrrrrrrr9
    Expand Collapse

I own the civilian version of the mb, so if you need any pics just pm me.

5. roy99669

roy99669
    Expand Collapse

Yes, finally! I have waited for this car to come to BeamNG. :D One question, Are you going to model a .50 Cal Browning to put on it? There is one on a lot of Willys Jeeps.

6. Nevada

Nevada
    Expand Collapse

HMG is not needed but radio truck version and soft top on version would be awesome

7. erty311

erty311
    Expand Collapse

I own a 1944 MB and I have the dismantled frame for a 1946 CJ2A in my garage. if you want photos of either for reference let me know! Very excited about this one!:eek:

8. NkosiKarbul

NkosiKarbul
    Expand Collapse

ohw yes, very nice choice!
    good luck with the progress, looking forward to it.

9. DesertCanine

DesertCanine
    Expand Collapse

Oh wow, I didn't realize this was a sought after vehicle. I'll try my best with it! (still learning stuff about blender, textures, and the coding). Making the model seems to be rather time consuming, but quite simple, one really needs an eye for detail. Texturing is a bit of a mind boggle, I also have no idea what I'm going to do yet for the textures, I don't have access to either photoshop or gimp. Coding the jbeam file is frustrating, though it's starting to seem straightforward after learning about some of its ins and outs.

Anyway, the only photographs thus far that might be useful is of the engine compartment, and the 'interior' that is, the driver pedals and stick shifts. Also, pics of the fenders and wheel base would be nice.

I'll think about adding any machine guns and other props once I've progressed further with the model some more.

Here's some more progress that I've made with it. It seems to be coming together okay. I think the engine bay could use some cluttering up with random engine stuff though and some dark spots might need cleaning up. I think building it part by part, while time consuming, is the way to go.
    d3FrLal.png

#9 DesertCanine, Aug 14, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2013
  10. roy99669

roy99669
    Expand Collapse

Here is a pic of the engine:

(imported from here)
    And another one:

(imported from here)
    And here is a pic of the interior, same car but diffrent color and props:

(imported from here)
    And another one:

(imported from here)

11. roy99669

roy99669
    Expand Collapse

Do you have made any further progress on this car? I would love to see this get in BeamNG.

12. DesertCanine

DesertCanine
    Expand Collapse

Sorry for the late reply, I was out of town for most of last week. I still need to add interiors and details, thanks roy for the engine shots.

Here's some more progress that I have made.
    VrCgOdB.png

13. Cwazywazy

Cwazywazy
    Expand Collapse

It looks very promising so far :D

A 40HP 4WD offroader sounds like fun to smash.

14. rrrrrrrrr9

rrrrrrrrr9
    Expand Collapse

Looking good. The only thing that looks wrong is that the inside of the fenders in the rear are straight not rounded.
    1944WillysMB_04_1500.jpg

15. Blockman

Blockman
    Expand Collapse

Cant wait to drive this. Someone needs to make a tank so i can run it over. :p

16. DesertCanine

DesertCanine
    Expand Collapse

More pics! I just need to add glass, engine bits and bobs, headlights, seats, steering wheel, control panel, machine gun, exhaust, drive shaft, and I'll be done with the model for texturing, then we'll see if I can get some beams and nodes in this bad boy!

WuxCjiL.png
    TDi7XQj.png

17. Nish01

Nish01
    Expand Collapse

awesome bud, its looking good so far keep it up! :)

18. mpkasper

mpkasper
    Expand Collapse

is this thing finished?

19. Hamerbro

Hamerbro
    Expand Collapse

Hmm, I might be able to assist in that.

20. Coolmanplays66

Coolmanplays66
    Expand Collapse

HA i am working on the same car but i only have some bodywork done still verryy early WIP

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice